How much of it is mental?

Tee1234

Reaction score
When it comes to hair loss does our mind play tricks on us too? Sorry this is kinda long but I wanted to write this all out to make myself feel better.

Here's my story from this week:

So anyways, I've been feeling good about my hair. I actually received 3-4 compliments about my hair in the last couple weeks. The regimen I am on seems to be working, and since adding Folligen/Nano Shampoo I seem to be losing hardly any hair in the shower, while shampooing, on the comb, pillow, running hands through hair, etc.

Anyways, my prescription for Propecia ran out and I had been without it for 4 days or so. I couldn't get it refilled because the doctor said I had to come in to see him so he could renew my prescription. This kinda bothered me as I did not want to be off of it for 4 days. I know it's not a huge deal but I'd still like to stay on track.

Continuing on (with the propecia issue in the back of my mind)...I am at a friend's place when I check my hair out in the mirror. I don't know what it was but my forehead looked bigger than I remember. I was shocked. I kept fussing with my hair trying to figure out why my forehead looked bigger. I don't know if it was the harsh light, the mirror, whether I had too much product along my hairline, etc. It bothered me the rest of that day.

The next morning I style my hair and again I fel like my forhead looks bigger. As I am driving to work, I poke my head out the window and look at my hair in the side mirror a couple times. Again, something was off about my hairline/forehead. This made me edgy.

This has got to be some kind of mental game I am playing with myself. Just a few days ago, my hair looked fine and I even got compliments. Now mind you, I am a Norwood 2 with thin type hair but I can pull it off well.

I haven't noticed any significant hair loss lately. In fact, I hardly notice any loss in the last 3-4 months. When I pull up my hairline it looks the same as it has the last year or so.

So what the heck is going on? It has to be some kind of mind trick. A few months ago, I went through a similar episode when I thought my hair looked worse for like a week. It wouldn't style easily and looked a little off to me. Then everything was fine again.

Does anyone else experience this type of stuff. As an already vain person (Not proud of this) this bothers me a lot. I'm just trying to get through the day.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its totally mental (the placebo effect) thats why we have guys on here who start treatments (or diet/lifestyle changes) :whistle: and swear that within a few days their hair is much better and they've solved the problem and will be leaving only to come back a week later saying that things are much worse and their life is over, when in reality nothing has changed at all. This happens all the time on here.