How much growth should one expect after 7 months?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just want to hear some stories.

I am at 7 mos and curious to see how much more growth I have left.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm at the 7.5 month mark, and I swear I haven't seen a new hair pop out in months it seems. I don't examine the area really hardcore (mainly because I'm tired of being responsible for facial lines starting to form in my forehead) but I am really wondering if all this talk about getting regrowth of 12+ months is really true. At least will it be true for me.

I'm wondering how many of the people I see on these hair loss websites used minoxidil right after getting surgery.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
62 Days After Bosley Hair Restoration Procedure

62 Days After Bosley Hair Restoration Procedure
I thought I would check in with Bosley, just to see if I was on track with everything. I mentioned in previous posts about my break outs – and how they are an indication that the hair is starting to grow in. I’ve also pointed out how tiny hairs are starting to show on my scalp.

Well, as it turns out, I’m a bit ahead of schedule! I actually spent some time talking with Anthony Diemont, the Bosley rep here in Portland (the same guy I met for my initial consultation). He said that most guys don’t start seeing hair until the 3 month mark (which I actually knew about). He said that for most guys, they really notice a difference at 6 months – but it’s common at that point to ask “Is this it?†The answer is “No, that’s not it,†and the turning point usually comes at around the 9 month mark. Anthony said at 9 months, most men can really start to see how their hair restoration is taking shape – and can make a call at that point as to whether or not they want to have a second procedure.

The jury’s still out for me – I can’t wait to see how the first restoration takes hold, then I can make the call on a second procedure. For now, I have to ask everyone to hang in there with me as the hair fills in. 6 months from now it should be very exciting!

http://www.battleagainstbald.com/battle ... ter_b.html

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How soon can I expect the grafts to begin growing following a transplant session?

Everyone is different but on average the new hair will begin to emerge from the surface of the scalp at the four month mark following surgery. The range within individuals is from two to six months and is not easily predictable. A man or women with prior transplantation - particularly that done in the intermediate or remote past will not experience growth until later. A postoperative evaluation is scheduled at five months at which time the expectation is the visualization of early new transplant growth. Abundant growth and consequent cosmetic coverage is not anticipated until the nine-month mark following the procedure. By the year anniversary of the work most all of the transplanted hair has begun growing. Over the ensuing six to twelve months the individual hair shafts thicken to a fully mature state and this contributes significantly to the overall appearance of the transplant.

http://www.zieringmedical.com/MoreFAQs/ ... fault.aspx

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
fc.
any pictures?

fnlostish

Established Member
Reaction score
my Doctor told me it could be 12-18 months before results are fully seen.

i would say in my case it was 12 months

G

Some great comments from FC! At 7.5 months post-op, there's more to come. You'll see. You really have to wait until you get just beyond one year or so to be able to fairly evaluate the "full visual aesthetic effect including full caliber maturation".

So I do disagree with the Bosley rep on that point. I think making decisions for subsequent procedures at nine months post-op is too early. Remember, the degree of hair shaft caliber is the single most critical factor in attaining "the illusion of coverage". :hairy:

fnlostish

Established Member
Reaction score
FC

difference between 8-12 months ?

for me I guess I noticed that is when things appear to have filled in the most.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
fnlostish said:
FC

difference between 8-12 months ?

for me I guess I noticed that is when things appear to have filled in the most.

Wicked man, thanks.

Were you using minoxidil during this time? If so, when did you start using it?

fnlostish

Established Member
Reaction score
ya know i wasn't smart enough to be using minoxidil or propecia

after i had my hair transplant ... to perhaps keep the original & get some regrowth...

I am on now + using nizoral ... we will see ;)

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well I did a terrible job of trimming my hair around the ears so I just ended up shaving my head, and it was interesting. There were lots of hair (behind the hairline) which were really tiny. I never thought the whole thickening of the hair could make that much of a difference, but these hairs were very difficult to see.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am at 7 months and to be honest I looked better at 5.5 months. Weird.

I havent seen any new growth of late. Should I be concerned?

s.a.f

Reaction score
I'm sure that things will continue to improve months 4 -7 is when the real growing starts and things progress quickly but after that it gets much less noticible and because of the new hair its harder to spot.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I'm sure that things will continue to improve months 4 -7 is when the real growing starts and things progress quickly but after that it gets much less noticible and because of the new hair its harder to spot.

good point............it's hair greed too :roll: