How many 'self prescribed' finasteride?

Did you start Propecia/finasteride on advise from a doctor, or on your own initiative?

• My doctor recommended it, and then prescribed it to me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jc_uk

Reaction score
Just curious how many people have got finasteride via a script from the Dr and how many have just started taking it on their own initiative after realizing they have male pattern baldness?

I live in the UK where I'm pretty sure finasteride/Propecia is only available via private prescription which makes it quite expensive (please correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm guessing a lot have gone with generics and maybe not bothered with a Dr at all

Am just curious how many started off with a Dr and how many just went out and started it on their own?

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
maybe you should have made a Poll ?

anyway, yeah, you're right propecia is a private prescription (in the UK at least). I basically told my doctor to prescribe me the stuff. *might* switch to buying Proscar online at a later date but not until at least 2 years into my treatment.

i think some uk doctors have kindly prescribed proscar to their male pattern baldness patients as they acknowledge the extortion of propecia.

jc_uk

Reaction score
flimflam said:
maybe you should have made a Poll ?

anyway, yeah, you're right propecia is a private prescription (in the UK at least). I basically told my doctor to prescribe me the stuff. *might* switch to buying Proscar online at a later date but not until at least 2 years into my treatment.

i think some uk doctors have kindly prescribed proscar to their male pattern baldness patients as they acknowledge the extortion of propecia.

I've added a poll.. I think I've done it right, am not sure. Thanks for the reply.

Pondle

Reaction score
jc_uk said:
I live in the UK where I'm pretty sure finasteride/Propecia is only available via private prescription which makes it quite expensive (please correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm guessing a lot have gone with generics and maybe not bothered with a Dr at all

I know how to get it cheaply on prescription. 8)

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pondle said:
jc_uk said:

I know how to get it cheaply on prescription. 8)
hmm are you sleeping with a dr ?? 8)

Pondle

Reaction score
Jojje said:
hmm are you sleeping with a dr ?? 8)

Nope, I just have a good source! Search the boards for posts by me re: Dr John Ashcroft. £100 for a 15 month supply, bargain. :thumbs_up:

dem

Established Member
Reaction score
i started finasteride a couple years after it came but wasn't aware that there was any drugs to treat male pattern baldness. My doctor was also quite young and losing his hair too and mentioned that he would give me the go with the prescription. I had to sit in a stinkin class and watch some slides about how the drug worked.