How many months in, etc.?

Deaner

Reaction score
I was just wondering, for those of you who experienced good to phenomenal regrowth on a finasteride only regimen (for instance, Diddy), how many months in did it take before you started to notice new hairs sprouting, and a general increase in thickness? This includes your crown area getting smaller, hairline growing back, etc.

I was also wondering what sort of things accompanied this, like if your regrowth and cessation of shedding was accompanied by less facial hair growth, and that sorta thing.

Thanks for your responses!

Deaner

Reaction score
yep actually, that's what I forgot to mention, which is why Diddy is one of the people I wanna hear from most. I'm on a purely finasteride regimen, and am just wondering when it's possible I'll start seeing some new shite.

Bismarck

Reaction score
Deaner said:
yep actually, that's what I forgot to mention, which is why Diddy is one of the people I wanna hear from most. I'm on a purely finasteride regimen, and am just wondering when it's possible I'll start seeing some new shite.

Some people reported vellus growth after one day of Finasteride therapy. :wink:

Deaner

Reaction score
*sigh I'm still seeing it, but my general hair thickness is not improving. Getting kinda tiresome, let it go.

jmoney32

Reaction score
i am only on finasteride and my hair is a lot thicker. i havent seen regrowth yet but i am only about a month and a half in. i am only 23 and dont really care for regrowth, i just want to maintain

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
People said on the 6th month I had start to regrow. Which I notice that most people see at month 6. Propecia works fine alone anyways. Most people here use other stuff with propecia because they think they will get better result. Which I do that too.

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm approaching month 7 and there are a few hairs sprouting along my hairline that may be due to the minoxidil that i've been using for four months. The overall thickness and less fallout is good enough for me though, sorry to hear your hair hasn't thickened up even a little Deaner, i always thought a general thickening of the hair overall would come first. Keep with it man.

Whoome?

Established Member
Reaction score
I am only a few days from month 6 still nothing but really thin hair everywhere , specially after yesterday my gf cut my hair freaking short now i can see everywhere where my hair's super thin

Deaner

Reaction score
Well, y'see, it's not like I haven't noticed that finasteride is starting to work for me. Ontop of having seemingly ceased all facial hair growth, my hairline is improving at a fairly rapid pace, tons of new terminal hairs, faint outline of where my hairline will be if it matures visible from quite a distance now. My crown also seems to be making great strides towards greatness (could just be my imagination as well, not ruling that out). But I'm just not seeing the same thing all across the rest of my head, very disconcerting. You'd think in areas where I still have lots of hair, I'd be seeing the greatest gains.

I know it's way way way too early to tell (2.5 months), so I was just wondering when you guys saw your first growth, more or less a global head thickness gain, not just temples and crown, that's all. Not panicking either Bis :lol:

Thanks for all your responses so far guys!

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some people reported vellus growth after one day of Finasteride therapy.

ROFL

Anyway, I was on Finasteride for about 7 or 8 months without using anything else.... I cant say I had any improvement other then my shed rate was 1/2...

After adding Nizoral 2% and zix w/azelaic acid I was able to 100% stop my shed in about 2-3 weeks. I'm on month 10 of Finasteride and month 2 on zix w/ azelaic acid and nizoral 2% and I noticed a nice improvement.

If I were you I would add the Nizoral 2% at least. Very easy to do.

Deaner

Reaction score
Well, I'm using nizoral 2% at the moment. I've been using it since the very beginning. Lately (finally), I've been noticing my scalp health is greatly greatly improved. Combing it no longer results in getting caught on unknown chunks of debris (I guess dandruff and pimples and sh*t), and no more flakes when I comb. My scalp just feels a thousand times better in general, and combing all today resulted in absolutely zero fallout. It's great. Now hopefully hair density follows suit.