How long will this stupid shedding last for??

Warrior101

Established Member
Reaction score
Man now im really starting to get worried.. i have been on proscar(1/5th) for about a month and recently i decreased the doseage to 1/6th.
I had been on a shed ever since the first week of it... and it doesnt seem to get any better.. im not the sort of a person who counts hair in the sink or sh*t but seriously my hair is beginning to look so damn thin over the scalp, a lil bit of noticeable recession in hairline... i mean if i look closely in the mirror from like 5 inches distance, i can literally count my hairline hair now... :eek: :eek: :eek:
Please guys tell me if this sh*t is going to end or not... at this point im fully convinced that my hair were a lot better than b4 i got into this f*****g finasteride sh*t...
Is this one of the fuking shed periods or what the hell is this?? today when i took the shower, i saw about 200 hair in the sink... i mean i've never had this stuff going on b4 using finasteride... u think i shud stop using it ... if so then all the hair that i have shed, wud they come back??

extremekicks

Established Member
Reaction score
Take it easy/ relax/ chill.......my left temple had taken a huge shed a few times and when I always look at it, it looks like it never gets better. I cant even remember how many sheds I have had but ill tell you this month by month it comes in thicker and thicker. Goin on month 14 and im gonna get up my pics soon so newbies and the veterns can see the amazing results I have had.

Pce

Brian

Warrior101

Established Member
Reaction score
Man, everyone who says a good thing about finasteride uses propecia.. do u think its bec of proscar?? now i know all the ppl are gonna jump on me saying its the same sh*t.. but somehow i dont feel comfortable with it... as soon as this stuff gets over, im going for propecia after it.

Warrior101

Established Member
Reaction score
Are Propecia and Proscar the same medicine? Can I split Proscar tablets?
answer for 'Are Propecia and Proscar the same medicine? Can I split Proscar tablets?'Although Propecia and Proscar both contain the same active ingredient called finasteride, they are very different medicines and should not be interchanged. Proscar is a 5-mg tablet used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), which is an enlargement of the prostate gland. Propecia is a 1-mg tablet used to treat male-pattern baldness.

Proscar tablets are apple-shaped. We do not recommend splitting a Proscar tablet to get the same dose as a Propecia tablet because it's nearly impossible to cut a tablet into five evenly-sized pieces without having it crumble. If the pieces aren't the same size, you won't know what dose you're taking.

http://www.drugstore.com/qxa1346_333181 ... ablets.htm

smudge

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think I would trust a vendors opinion on that matter. Especially when you consider that propecia is loads for expensive than proscar.

I also don't think a month is any where close to being an unreasonably long time for a shed.

Rez

Reaction score
I can't comment on propecia vs proscar. Apparently the same meds, but I say if you have the financial means go for the propeica...which comes out to be about $2 per day! I don't want to be bothered with cutting up the pills, etc.

I just passed the three month mark on propecia (and nizoral 2%) and the shedding has subsided. It really is amazing. I love taking showers again. It was an absolutely horrific first few weeks/months, but you just have to gut it out.

I had long hair when I noticed the thinning, so I got on the Propecia and buzzed my head. I'm thinking of beginning the process of growing it out again now that the medication seems to be having a positive effect. Hang in there man!

G

I am now in month 7 and still experience shedding days, but overall it has clmed down and my hair seems to be growing back well, except where i used rogaine it is considerably thinner :evil:

Warrior101

Established Member
Reaction score
smudge said:
I don't think I would trust a vendors opinion on that matter. Especially when you consider that propecia is loads for expensive than proscar.

I also don't think a month is any where close to being an unreasonably long time for a shed.

how long have u been on finasteride for.. and how r ur results?

Warrior101

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me what is the normal time for stopping of the first shed? i have been using finasteride for over a month now.. and from the first week i am having this terrible shed. Please tell me when wud this sh*t stop...

G

if your just in the first month youll be fine, shedding varies from person to person but it should all grow back

smudge

Established Member
Reaction score
Warrior101 said:
smudge said:

how long have u been on finasteride for.. and how r ur results?

almost 5 months now... i just made a post in the "tell your story" section with photos... you can decide on the results