How long will it grow?

Guyver

Reaction score
I'm 20 years old and have just begun to notice that my hairline is receding. It's not too far gone yet, i would say a 2 on the norwood scale.

I'm thinking of starting a regimen of Propecia and Nizoral, and was basically wondering whether my existing hair and any that may grow back is going to stay as strong as it is right now.

I've noticed that alot of people who use these treatments tend to have rather short hairstyles and i was wondering whether it will be possible to grow my hair to a much longer length. Or am i asking too much? :)

Also, i live in the UK so does anyone know whether Propecia is accepted as an efficient preventer of hair loss? I know our rules tend to be a bit more strict! 8O

Thanks to anyone who can help

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair is just about down to my shoulders and im roughly a nw2. The good thing is that with the way it's styled no one can tell!! I still cry myself to sleep eachnight however out of principle.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the question is if treatments will shorten the hair growth cycle and impact hair length,.?

Quite possibly though I'm not really sure. May of us find short hair makes all this much easier, but if long hair is your thing,. I cant really answer the question but I can tell you that MSM will help you grow longer hair.

vodka by the gallon

Established Member
Reaction score
just started receeding? me two didnt notisce till about 3 months ago. did quite a bit of research found out all the side affects and all the supplements that can be takin with your regimin, i actually ordered min and sent it back cuz i chickened out do to the shed factor. so i bought a lasercomb right. and i notice new hairs after like 2 weeks and those tiny little hairs that were minaturizing grew out long they are now like1 and a half inches long after like a month they used to be like a quater inch long before hand. every week i am becoming happier with my hair. i would hate to hear of someone using the "big3" and when your head becomes tolerent to the drugs all that hair you saved falls out plus some. everything is looking good although the place were i used to part my hair is alittle stubborn. i am in no way anti-hairloss treatment, but if you have not seen major hairloss yet maybe you have time to test other alternatives. thats what i did and i am so glad i did, its so easy to use its like i aint even using anything but i am starting to gain results. i am also taking alot of msm to see quicker results. but do what ever you think is best for you. i mean how long have people on this site actuallybeen using the "3". seems like most people have onl;y been using for a few months even though they are experienced posters i am wondering if any one has been using over 5 years. think 10 years into the futu=re" if they havent found an absolout cure, your using this stuff for 10 years and your head becomes tolerant to the drugs and your hair falls out. then you cant do a damn thing about it exept hair transplant's. i dont know i still have to see how good of results i will get and keep, but its helping for right now and if it buys me a few years sh*t 600 bucks is worth it. ........any ways peace out i have tyed too much already. btw this is the exact thought process i went threww about 1 month ago........sorry 'bout spelling and grammer i was mostly stoned through out high skool no pun intened here either.-words from a vodka induced brain wave.

believer

Reaction score
Yeah propecia is recognised in the UK. You will have to visit a derm first though. I just got mine off the net and im in the UK.

Guyver

Reaction score
Cheers for the advice vodka!

To be honest if it takes ten years for my head to become tolerent i'll be happy.

I just kinda feel that 20 is a bit young to have to worry bout losing it. When i'm 30 and probably alot more mature i can worry about it then.

Iactually shave my head at the moment anyways and simply felt like a change. Would be nice to know i've got the option in the future.

Guess i'll be seeing a derm pretty soon then Beleiver :)

Thanks all