How Long Should I Take Finasteride Before Determining It Isn't For Me?

baldandafraid94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I almost have the courage to start taking finasteride, but then I dive into this forum and read all of the horror stories which scare me away. I don't want to be bald, but I also want to keep my dick working and dealing with all of those other side effects are scary.

I know the only way to find out how I react to it is to take it, but I'm wondering how long I should live with sides before I stop taking it? also are there any better alternatives to finasteride without as many side effects? (I assume not, but figured I'd ask)

under_a_mountain

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I started taking it back in 2001, I got some benefit from it. It slowed down my loss. Then in 2003 I added the Rogaine and the Nizoral. That's when things took off. I went from a Norwood 2 to a Norwood 1. And kept it for 10 years solid.

To answer your question, in my experience, I would take it as a part of the Big 3. Give it a year of use if you aren't seeing any negative side effects. Then evaluate your progress.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're really worried, get a full blood test done before you start, then 3 months in. You can get evaluated on these and see if you want to continue. From what I hear, permanent sides won't come in just three months