how long does it take for full absorption of minoxidil??

G

i was just curious because as soon as the minoxidil is fully absorbed, im gonna work out, but i don't wanna sweat n mess with the solution. any feedback would be appreciated fellas.

Afro Thunder

VIRTUOUS PARADIGM

Reaction score
Bomb ... where'd you read that ? .. assuming that's true, that's great ... however, if that is true then why does the rogaine brand suggest waiting 4 hrs for full absorption ? .. or are you talking about Dr. Lee's brand ? ..

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
bombscience said:
I've read and heard at 30 minutes 80-90% is absorbed and at 1hour it's 100%...

No way, José!

4 hours is generally considered the point at which _enough_ is absorbed so as not to be considered wasteful if you decide to wash the rest of it off. However, even a certain reasonable amount will be absorbed after only an hour or two.

Bryan

bombscience

Reaction score
Bryan said:
bombscience said:
I've read and heard at 30 minutes 80-90% is absorbed and at 1hour it's 100%...

No way, José!

4 hours is generally considered the point at which _enough_ is absorbed so as not to be considered wasteful if you decide to wash the rest of it off. However, even a certain reasonable amount will be absorbed after only an hour or two.

Bryan

Thanks for the correction. Why does Dr. Lee reccomend that it is ok to take a shower 1 hour after application?

G

so how long does it take for 100% full absorption of minoxidil..plz don't let it be 7 hours...thats way too long...

Afro Thunder

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score
I have longish hair and after about 10 minutes noone would even notice anything is in my hair. DOn't know why so many people make such a big deal.

yello911

Established Member
Reaction score
Olorin said:
I have longish hair and after about 10 minutes noone would even notice anything is in my hair. DOn't know why so many people make such a big deal.

Because for some of us it looks like we use Crisco to wash our hair when we use minoxidil. I only put it on at night.