How long did you guys shed on finasteride Tell your story

Singularity2045

My Regimen
Reaction score
No shedding... Just much thicker hair. But I took action quite early when I noticed early signs.

NYK155

Reaction score
I'm 6 months in and shedding now. Shed at 3 months and at month 5 thought my hair looked better. Now at 6, I appear to be thinning again. In addition to that I have scaly skin on my left temple. Above there is a bald patch starting to come in right above the scaling. Hair is not growing in that one spot. WTF!!!!!

Y2J

Reaction score
Shed from day 1 to at around the 5th month. In the 6th the shed dramatically stopped all of a sudden. it's like out of the blue I am not loosing hairs any more

Sadly the shed was back in the 7th months and it's been shedding ever since. I am now 7.5 months on Finasteride.

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Month 1: No change
Month 2: Increased hair loss
Month 3: W.T.F. is happening?! losing a lot.
Month 4: At this rate I'm gonna be completely bald next month.
Month 4,5: Shedding stopped + regrowth
Month 5: Maintaining + regrowing hair.
Month 6: Same. Overall my hair looks pretty good now.

MicroDoser

Reaction score
Feels so good to hear success like this, happy for you! I did notice that you're on minoxidil as well, do you think that contributed more to your hair growth?

Last edited:

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Month 1: no change
Month 2: losing slightly less hair
Month 3: hair loss continuing to decrease
Month 4: hair loss continues to decrease and hair looks thicker
Month 5: hair loss has almost been halted, and hair is continuing to thicken

I'm just about to hit month 6 and by the end of the 6th month my shedding should completely stop if the present decreasing shed trend continues. I never had an increase in shedding at any point, just a gradual decrease starting after month 1

Regular guy

Reaction score
Month 1 - normal shedding like before (itching/crawling sensation gone out of the blue)
Month 2- increased shedding something's wrong
Month 3 - wtf is going on! Shedding +2
Month 4 - same as above
Month 5 - shedding a big less compared to previous 2 months

I'll hit month 6 in jan and let's see how things work out. Also I'm planning to buzz/shave my hair in mid January because I did the same last year and haven't got a haircut all year long.

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Feels so good to hear success like this, happy for you! I did notice that you're on minoxidil as well, do you think that contributed more to your hair growth?

It's hard to say of course, but yes I think it does.

rafiles

Established Member
Reaction score
Begin (no shedding) Stop (no shedding)
That means shedding is not necessary, but I think it's a good sign (for hair growth)

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Month 1 - normal shedding like before (itching/crawling sensation gone out of the blue)
Month 2- increased shedding something's wrong
Month 3 - wtf is going on! Shedding +2
Month 4 - same as above
Month 5 - shedding a big less compared to previous 2 months

I'll hit month 6 in jan and let's see how things work out. Also I'm planning to buzz/shave my hair in mid January because I did the same last year and haven't got a haircut all year long.
How is your shedding now?