How long after starting minoxidil did you see results?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
To see initial results took 4 months but to see the full benefit took 1 year. I used (and still use) Generic minoxidil 5% liquid.

stjimmy

Established Member
Reaction score
so after 4 months thats when you saw the first signs that minoxidil was working? can you tell me where you first noticed it?

dazzerler

Reaction score
for me i started out on regaine (or rogaine in america) 5 % then switched to kirland (generic min) same strenght same same content just cheaper : ). after about a couple months i could see benifit not nessasary growth but hair that was look very brilltle dull a dying quite frankly was much healthier thinker and at the time when i started i was loosing hair fast. when i start min it stoped and kept getting better. i noticed slight regrowth or maybe thickening or veluss hairs after 3 months but finally got on finasteride and nizoral with help from here and the minoxidil seems to be really able to do its thing and i am definatly having regrowth now at month 5 1/2

rcom440

Reaction score
I saw results after 2 months.. My hairline looks much better. I also use Nizoral...
minoxidil at night (once a day), and Nizoral 1% in the morning, every other day.

JWM

Reaction score
rcom440

What type of minoxidil do you use, and how much do you apply?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
stjimmy said:
so after 4 months thats when you saw the first signs that minoxidil was working? can you tell me where you first noticed it?

Well by results I mean after 4 months I saw new hairs on my hairline, the hair all over my head was thickening and my " thin spot" in the back was closing. To this day (5 years later) I still do not have my balding spot in the crown the only loss I have had is slight temple recession thought the years but not much.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i only use it on the temples, and have never seen results, that is no new hair. haven't lost any more either though, so i think it's working.

Risugo

Established Member
Reaction score
PropeciaJunkie it seems like you had good resusts, how old are you?

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I came across this the other day and its actually quite inspiring and the quality of pictures is very good:
http://www.beIgraviacentre.com/blog/cat ... s-stories/

you'll see most of them start seeing cosmetically noticeable effects after 3-4 months. Of course these are the success stories but you get the idea. finasteride + minoxidil.

bigd888

Reaction score
I only started to see some benefit after 10 months. But even then the new hairs were quite thin.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I started last October. There was a shed that lasted a few weeks. By around 2 months I could see an improvement, it seemed that the very thin area on top was a little less thin. Am still using it (rogaine liquid) and definitely have more hair than when I started, both on my hairline and crown. I use it once a day, at night, about 5ml in total. I guess I put about half on the hairline and half on the crown. I dont use finasteride.

- - - Updated - - -

"Even back then, I exuded self-confidence, and that drives women crazy.
Especially in a bald man. Women love a self-confident bald man. Anyone
can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man --
there's your diamond in the rough." - Larry David

great quote!!