How Long After Fue Are Grafts Secure?

unkown11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've had FUE about 3 weeks ago.

Curious to know how long after an FUE procedure are grafts secure?

First 10 days I did nothing but sit at home (I masturbated though as I was bored)
I had sex on day 10 (no hair touching) - clinic advised its ok from day 10
Haven't played sports (I can return on week 4)
Have had a bit of mental stress since the procedure (can stress cause grafts to fall out?)

I'm a bit concerned that stress may have have caused my grafts to fall out.

Thanks!

avocado67

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on your FUE. I had my 2 weeks ago.

There are docs that say the grafts are secure within 3 days. However, i do recall Dr. Cole stating that after 9 days, it will be very hard to remove the grafts... remember, the hair shaft can fall out , but the graft is still in place.

A Bernstein/Rassman study stated the following, "For the first 2 days, pulling on a hair always resulted in a lost graft. By the sixth day, pulling on a hair no longer dislodged the graft. Pulling on an adherent scab always resulted in a lost graft through day 5. At 9 days post operatively, grafts were no longer at risk of being dislodged."

There is nothing you can do know as you're past the 9 day mark. Just wait for results.

unkown11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on your FUE. I had my 2 weeks ago.

There are docs that say the grafts are secure within 3 days. However, i do recall Dr. Cole stating that after 9 days, it will be very hard to remove the grafts... remember, the hair shaft can fall out , but the graft is still in place.

A Bernstein/Rassman study stated the following, "For the first 2 days, pulling on a hair always resulted in a lost graft. By the sixth day, pulling on a hair no longer dislodged the graft. Pulling on an adherent scab always resulted in a lost graft through day 5. At 9 days post operatively, grafts were no longer at risk of being dislodged."

There is nothing you can do know as you're past the 9 day mark. Just wait for results.
Thanks for your response man.

So it's pretty safe to say that after day 10 all the grafts are securely in place?

avocado67

My Regimen
Reaction score
I meant to say, "There is nothing you can do NOW as you're past the 9 day mark. Just wait for results."

I have no idea if your grafts or my grafts are safe. Maybe something happened in the first 10 days. There are other ways to damage grafts after 10 days (ex. putting on toxic lotion, hair dye, sun exposure, etc.), so I would just follow your hair transplant Doctor's recommendations. Who's your Doctor?