how is once a day after using rogaine for 1 year?

bluejs

Reaction score
I heard that after a year, since most ppl dont get new hair from rogaine,

ppl suggest using rogaine once a day to "maintain" the hair.

What do you guys think?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Minoxidil is dose-dependent, so you can't expect to be able to cut the daily dose in half without taking a hit in performance.

Having said that, however, I should also point out that when you use 1 mL of a 5% minoxidil solution twice a day, you're already well into the area of "diminishing returns", meaning that if you switch to only one dose per day, the beneficial effect probably won't drop by HALF like you might expect, but by a smaller amount. So it seems to me to be a reasonable compromise to go to one application per day.

G

bluejs,

FWIW, DS Labs lists in the FAQ for Spectral DNC that you can go to once a day after 2 years and possibly still maintain. Of all the graphs on the performance of minoxidil that I've seen, it seems like the 2 year point is where you max-out. So might as well go 2-years and than try the once a day.

Just curious but are you wanting to do once a day to save money, or to save time? I wonder how much more benefit you'd, after the 2 year point, if you went once a day during the week, and then twice a day on the weekends when you have more time at your disposal for a morning application? Wonder if this would make much more of a difference than simply doing it once a day for 7 days a week.