How Finasteride Has Destroyed My Life

Ryan2310

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The point of the post was that self-reporting is dubious and prone to all kinds of issues in perception. This guy was certain he had floaters and then they went away when he stopped taking the stuff he thought caused it.

Did you not read the study that I sent that the brain ignores them after a certain time period. Tell me something what are you getting out of promoting finasteride and it’s safety?

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you not read the study that I sent that the brain ignores them after a certain time period. Tell me something what are you getting out of promoting finasteride and it’s safety?

Actually I wouldn't promote finasteride at all. Nobody should take it unless they really feel like they have to because hair loss is taking over their life in a meaningful way. I think it's a pretty poor solution and it causes all kinds of problems for a way too many people. It's also a mystery what the really long term consequences are.

I just don't think I have to accept every single claim someone makes about it if I don't think it makes sense.

Ryan2310

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Finasteride starts working immediately."

Yeah buddy. Good luck with that. You don't know how hormones work. Nor hair.

As I said, take care. PFS is pretty serious haha.

That Milan study was used last year in the World Convention of Trichology (In Barcelona, Spain, my country) as the example of what happens when people don't follow the scientific method. Everyone laughed at it. Literally. There were jokes about it.

What do you think happens to finasteride when it is broken down in the gut and gets into the blood stream, you think it’s magically just sitting around for the craic? it starts working within hours once it’s broken down do I really need to explain basic pharmacology to you.

I suppose you were in this circle of tricologists having a wee laugh about the Milan study and it’s not so scientific methods even though it’s an incredibly prestigious university with some of the best professors in medicine.

Ryan2310

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually I wouldn't promote finasteride at all. Nobody should take it unless they really feel like they have to because hair loss is taking over their life in a meaningful way. I think it's a pretty poor solution and it causes all kinds of problems for a way too many people. It's also a mystery what the really long term consequences are.

I just don't think I have to accept every single claim someone makes about it if I don't think it makes sense.

Well you clearly have some association with the drug otherwise you wouldn’t be sitting here debating on it’s great safety record and trying to discount my testimony saying I’m crying wolf.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well you clearly have some association with the drug otherwise you wouldn’t be sitting here debating on it’s great safety record and trying to discount my testimony saying I’m crying wolf.

I don't think it has a great safety record. It's just acceptable enough to be allowed as a prescription drug. No one should be encouraged to take it or be told it's without risk. After that, it's a personal decision.

We got people here that take spironolactone and estradiol. I don't question their choice or the outcomes.

Ryan2310

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it has a great safety record. It's just acceptable enough to be allowed as a prescription drug. No one should be encouraged to take it or be told it's without risk. After that, it's a personal decision.

We got people here that take spironolactone and estradiol. I don't question their choice or the outcomes.

There is an estimated 300,000 men worldwide suffering from PFS. The risks are way higher than people can ever imagine and I’m a testament to that and you don’t get a second chance at life when it goes wrong with this drug that’s why men are killing themselves because there’s no way out of this hell for them.

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Just out of curiosity, you think the 2-3-4% of people that have side effects as the offical statements say are fake? I'm curious about it.

Ryan2310

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, you think the 2-3-4% of people that have side effects as the offical statements say are fake? I'm curious about it.

They are absolutely underestimated I’d say the real figure was around 20%

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But theres alot of evidence to show damaging effects, especially increased hairloss. 9/10 it gets posted on here, theres a pro-finasteride mob ready to pounce saying it's all in your head or it would have happened anyway.

Obviously I can't comment on some of the OPs side effects but everyone is too quick to put it down to depression. Maybe it is, but depression is a (albeit rare) listed side effect of Finasteride. When I took it for six weeks my mood plummeted massively and I was having severe panic attacks. I initially put it down to the fact I could see hair falling around me throughout the day (which only really started to happen when I took finasteride). I'm 10 months off the drug and I don't have the panic attacks despite having alot less hair as to when I started.

In regards to increased hair loss, that's a reason I avoided finasteride and jumped to legitimate anti-androgens, not 5AR inhibitors. Finasteride is not effective in younger patients as monotherapy, which makes it a nonsensical treatment for hair loss in young patients. And, I'm not sure about your experience since normally the side effects persist once ending the medication, hence it being called 'post-finasteride syndrome'.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ryan, did you read up on side effects of finasteride before taking the pill or did you not know anything?

Just curious

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Who knows, it's probably close enough to the real figure considering how many people take the stuff and don't have any major issues. It's also about how long the sides last and how severe they are. I had one side effect the first week too but nothing since then so should I be included in the data? I would say probably not.

Just seems like everybody is aware of what this stuff can do if you're unlucky and get sides so what's the point in arguing constantly? If you wanna take it then no one should stop you. If you don't wanna take it, no one should encourage you saying nothing bad can happen.

I'm also 100% sure I want to get on dutasteride but I need a script first which is tough to get I think. Don't really care what others say since it's my decision to make as long as you know what you're getting into.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alex I think I know my age I’m 28 it was my birthday last month. It was probably picked up wrong from the recording, do I have to pull my licence out here?
you clearly say ''im a 28 years old man'' .

but than man, for a 28 years old guy you have an incredible head of hair ! i cant detect any hair loss in this video.. feels bad

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean you did not see it? Of course you did not see it. No one has done any study on it because it hasn't happened to any human ever. There's no need to do a study about what happens when you take one pill of Finasteride. Because nothing happens.

1 mg of Finasteride doesn't do anything on your body. It starts a process that takes months to actually start. But you have to take one, every day, for at least 3 months to have any effect on your body. And that's the quickest. It's actually around 6-8 months. 1 year to see the full effect on your body.

Men in Spain have been doing Finasteride since 1997. 22 years in a row. 95% of them are perfectly fine. The other 5% had side effects and stopped taking it. All of them ceased to have side effects after that. And you can read that.

PFS is not even taken seriously here. Urologists laugh at you when you mention it. I can tell because it happened to me. I was afraid of it. They all explained the same thing: studies of PFS are not taken seriously because they do not follow the scientific method. They are not even "studies".
22 years in the medicine market is extremely little time to be fair. These stats you pulled out of your *** with 95% are completely fine lmao. Just judging by people on this forum and my own experience sides gotta happen far more than 5%. Also it depends what do you count as side effect.

Ryan2310

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you clearly say ''im a 28 years old man'' .

but than man, for a 28 years old guy you have an incredible head of hair ! i cant detect any hair loss in this video.. feels bad

Attachments

• 3A2F2E61-1297-460E-9D98-2EF578166599.jpeg
    3A2F2E61-1297-460E-9D98-2EF578166599.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 118

Ryan2310

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah man it looks that way but I have many bald patches my hair just covers it up well. My hair would fall out in clumps it was crazy.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You made this same thread without the video months ago and were banned for it. That should speak to how absurd the claims you’re making are. Also, the poster who linked your symptoms to depression is probably on to something.

Honestly it’s entirely in your head or its a scientific anomaly to have that reaction from a single dose of finsteride. The odds lean towards it being completely inside your head

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Put away the discussion about sides, which we know exist in a meaningful capacity for some people who take these meds.

It is a nearly statistical guarantee that obsessive hypochondriacs are taking this drug. Look at some of the people on this very forum that think they're losing their hair no matter what anyone says. They post pictures with completely full heads of hair and assure us they're experiencing hair loss even though there's NOTHING there. If you can look in a mirror and see hair loss where none exists and then ignore a thread full of people telling you that there's nothing there, you can create just about anything in your head.

Unfortunately, these same people then take medications to address their delusion that they're losing their hair and being the hypochondriacs that they are all fully aware of the possible sides. Then they start obsessing over those sides and start believing things are happening that just don't even make sense.

It's straight up fact that people like this are out there. Not everybody that comes here complaining about their hair loss or side effects or whatever else is actually experiencing those things. What are we supposed to do about it?