How do you tell a friend that he's losing his hair?

Zeal

Reaction score
News2 said:
Just ask yourself this: Do YOU want every Tom, Dick & Harry to comment on your hair loss? If not, why do you even entertain the idea of mentioning it to your friend?

I'm not every "Tom, Dick & Harry." I'm pretty much his best friend.

Also, I'm not just mentioning it. I'm in a position to give him solid advice on the issue.

I'm going to be going about it the way that it was suggested in one of the previous posts, mentioning my own hairloss issues and hoping he'll say something. Otherwise I'll probably just let it go.

G

roki said:
]

jayman ,this 1% might be true but its not very relevent -im sure that if you look on american men between 18-26 from middle class and above you well find a much much bigger number -maybe even 40% and thats really the number you should be refering too

roki, you're totally wrong. just totally totally totally wrong. you think that 40% of men 18-26 and middle class and above are on propecia? for christ's sake man, only 1 million people WORLDWIDE have ever tried the drug.

and how can i refer to this imaginary number you are thinking of when the data doesn't exist?

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I say advice him. Dont comment on his baldness just ask him if he minds going bald and say that his hair is getting thinner and although they are ok at the moment (even if its not really ok) he will have to do something if he doesnt want to reach a point where he is actually bald. If he doesnt mind its ok, he belongs to the lucky minority, but if he does just ensure you tell him that there are scientificaly proven meds who seem to work for a lot of people. Because i thinkt he main reason most people dont do anything about hair loss is because they think there is no serious treatment available yet and all are commercial bullshit(well most are!).

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
roki said:
]

jayman ,this 1% might be true but its not very relevent -im sure that if you look on american men between 18-26 from middle class and above you well find a much much bigger number -maybe even 40% and thats really the number you should be refering too

roki, you're totally wrong. just totally totally totally wrong. you think that 40% of men 18-26 and middle class and above are on propecia? for christ's sake man, only 1 million people WORLDWIDE have ever tried the drug.

and how can i refer to this imaginary number you are thinking of when the data doesn't exist?
well i thought about it again and 40% woulde be too high, i didnt know that 1 million number and i suppose if you wrote it then you know what you are talking about
but think about it again- dont think about the population in general just think of the people around you who are in your age group and are balding i think many of them are treating it i know its like that here.

CCS

Reaction score
askas said:
If it was me, and my good friend, I wouldn't dodge and just say- you are going bald, do you know about finasteride and that it can stop the process? And I wouldn't care about his feelings, maybe he would thank me in the future.

this is good, but the problem is he might not believe you about finasteride. He might think you just heard a good ad on TV and are a believer just like everyone else who falls for scams. Unless you can convince him definitively, he will just get more pain and no hope.

CCS

Reaction score
sphlanx2006 said:
If he doesnt mind its ok, he belongs to the lucky minority,

If he does not mind, then it has not yet got bad enough for him to get rejected by women, or he has so many other good things going for him that even with baldness he still won't get rejected.

CCS

Reaction score
as for how many people are on it, you must remember that propecia came out less than 10 years ago, though some smart balding doctors knew about proscar before that. Probably a lot of NW4's don't think it is worth taking it, and a lot of 35 year old NW2's think their hair is receding so slowly that it is not worth taking the pill. The people who want it the most are the people who still have hair and think they will recede fast.

Most people don't know about cutting proscar into 4ths, or foreign pharmacies. How many 20 year olds do you think will pay $60 per month for propecia? That's a big chunck of change for young people. And FDA says propecia only works in back. People are usually at least NW2 in front before the back starts to thin.