How do you know internet drug suppliers are genuine?

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help - I read this on a reputable UK site:

"a recent investigation by the MHRA ( Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency ), discovered that approximately one third of all internet precriptions were in fact fake."

I was considering ordeing Finpecia tablets (1 mg finasteride) from internet supplier "Inhouse Pharmacy (UK)

Does anyone know if there is any way of being sure the company in India called Cipla that makes this generic finasteride is genuine and that Inhouse Pharmacy are distributing the genuine product.

Clearly I'm concerned that while I can save two thirds of the cost of "Propecia" tablets in the UK it's no good if it's fake. Is it in fact too good to be true to pay one third of prescription prices in the UK buying Finpecia tablets from Cipla in India?

Is there are register of reputable distributors?

Any assistance on this would be much appreciated - thanks.

oni

Reaction score
How do you know if the drugs on the supermarket shelf are real.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
oni said:
How do you know if the drugs on the supermarket shelf are real.

A well known UK High Street company has a reputation to protect plus I would expect has to follow a lot more regulations than a internet company which can operate from anywhere in the world. For example I need a UK prescription from a UK Doctor before I can buy Propecia from a UK supplier but not on the internet.

I think it's a fair question I originally asked and I'm hoping someone may have an answer. I wasn't seeking a debate. Buying on the internet has more vulnerability but I was hoping someone might know if there's a list of approved reputable internet suppliers?

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
I now realise why no one wants to reply here as I've just checked and I think the question has been asked too many times! sorry about that!

In conclusion I'm thinking from what I've read is that the safest bet is to buy Merck packaged Proscar from a reputable supplier. It seems complete expolitation to being using Propecia when Proscar is so much cheaper when split into five .

I've seen http://www.qhi.co.uk mentioned as a supplier. Ideally as I'm based in the UK I'd really like a supplier approved by the UK authorities. I'm not sure if qhi has this status.

jarednz

Reaction score
I've also been in the same problem as you. What is the best (cheapest) way to get my finasteride?

I've seen documentaries on replica pills being sold in Thai market stores and such (which I'm sure are the same ones you'd be buying online). How can you be sure that these pills do have finasteride, or even the right amount? You could be taking a pill for the rest of your life that doesn't do anything, and then you would complain on these boards that finasteride didn't work.

Even if the Indian (or 3rd world) pills did have finasteride in them, how clean is the production? Indians don't even use toilet paper so I can't imagine there production facilities being anywhere near as sterile as American facitlies.

I've decided on legit Propecia from my University pharmacy (I think it gets government subsidies or something). Will cost me around US$0.76/pill which is a really good price for New Zealand.