How do you go to work?

jj_24

Established Member
Reaction score
Just curiouse. If I can only get a week off ata time how do I go to work without telling everyone what happened? What did you guys do?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
is it strip or FUE?

How far advanced is your hairloss?

Is your hair long now?

Need more info, post pics also.

s.a.f

Reaction score
You really need more than 1 week off. Depends on if its strip or FUE or if the donor/recipient area is shaved.

G

Be sure to act normal too. Sometimes we hair transplant patients have a tendency to avoid those we spend close time with. They don't know you just had the procedure done so they have no occasion to look at you any differently, unless you had your head buzzed or something like that.

The crusts should be gone if your using a post-op application to advance the healing process. Best wishes on your healing man!

s.a.f

Reaction score
I would strongly advise you to have much more than 1 week off if you want to avoid people noticing.

G

Most patients take at least one week off. The crusts are usually gone by then.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yes but if its strip the scar will still be highly obvious, especialy if the area was shaved down. Trust me unless you're coming clean about having the procedure then you must have as much time off as you possibly can. :( Its just one of the sacrifices of having a hair transplant.

fnlostish

Established Member
Reaction score
yep

you just need to take as much time off as possible if you wish to hide the fact you had the procedure ....

G

The strip scar and sutures can be easily and well hid. Most surgical teams will tape up the top layers of hair directly above the strip area before it is taken. After the strip is excised, and the area closed with sutures or staples, they remove the tape so that the top layer of hair falls back directly over the sutured area and it works just like a window shade.

In all four of my strip procedures, this was done to hide my strip scar and sutures. No one ever knew any different.

With FUE, and especially larger cases, the entire donor zone has to be shaved down for the extractions.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Some Dr's dont use tape they simply shave the strip area. Did your procedures also involve the buzzing down of the recipient area?

G

You're right s.a.f. and it's really not necessary to shave down the donor in strip, IMO.

Only with my recent fourth procedure was my recipient area cut down. I hid under a ball cap for three months until enough of that existing hair grew back long enough. I hated it because I almost never wear caps, and a few of my neighbors got real nosy seeing me with one on all of the time.

When I did have to go out where I could not wear a cap, I used Dermatch. Thanks for asking. :wink: