How do I make a template with a full head of hair?

norbro

Reaction score
Hi there!

Im only 20 years old and my hairline is receeding along with a thinning crown. I want to make this transition asap after having tried Finasteride and Minoxidil with horrible sides from both.

However, I can still pass as a young man with a "full head of hair" with the right hairstyle (back/up) but if its windy or my hair gets wet Im constantly worried about people seeing my bad hairline. I have sorted out a few hair systems that I want to go with but as I live in Scandinavia I will have to send in a template.

How do I do this when I dont even know where im actually balding!? Hairline should be easy but the sides and my crown are not suffering enough from hair loss so I wont be able to see where the balding actually stops. To be honest I would much rather like to get my *** over to the UK so that some professionals could help me out with my first system (considering hairpiecewarehouse, northwestlace and toplace). Please PM me if you have any experiences from any of those three.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
Any advice for those with diffuse thinning and wanting to cover the top? Do I have to shave it to get a template?

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It shouldnt make a difference as you are clear what area you want to cover.

If you then do it with or without hair the result should be very similar.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It shouldnt affect it. It might help if you wet or damp your hair when you make it.