How detectable is it?

StallionX

Reaction score
I am considering getting a hair transplant just on the hairline, I am a NW1 but want to make that area thicker and move it up a little.

I am terrified of it being noticeable, apparently the new techniques are very good and a doctor I saw made me feel comfortable.

But how noticeable is the scarring? and the hairline? is it natural?

Cassin

Reaction score
StallionX said:
I am considering getting a hair transplant just on the hairline, I am a NW1 but want to make that area thicker and move it up a little.

I am terrified of it being noticeable, apparently the new techniques are very good and a doctor I saw made me feel comfortable.

Any hair transplant Doctor with ethics wouldn't do one on someone who is a NW1 I imagine.

20something

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Any hair transplant Doctor with ethics wouldn't do one on someone who is a NW1 I imagine.

Not to mention you can potentially lock yourself into an endless cycle of transplants if/when you start losing hair behind your transplanted hairline.

G

Yes

Well the doctor did say to me that he doesn't want to do one at this point for me. He called me a NW1 and says that right now it isn't to the point. But I think if I insisted he would do it.

If I take Avodart 3x a week really what would be the problem in the future?

also why is this an ethical question? it's about making someone look better. why is that unethical?

Stingray

Reaction score
Well, prove to me that Avodart will work for you for the rest of your life. If you can do that, then I'll advise you to get a hair transplant right now. But if it doesn't, and your hairloss continues to progress, you'll have a nice little island of happily growing hair and a nice slick spot around it. And you'll go back to the doctor angry because he made you look like sh*t. Guarantee you.

So his ethical choice isn't to better your image of yourself, but to cover his *** in the future. Understand?

Humpty Dumpty

Reaction score
Re: Yes

StallionX- said:
also why is this an ethical question? it's about making someone look better. why is that unethical?

Take one look at Michael Jackson's face if you want an answer to that question.

G

StallionX said:

How old are you? Are you planning on using male pattern baldness drugs on an ongoing basis??