How can I wear a hat now?

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm using Kirkland minoxidil and it says I need to wait a few hours before wearing a hat after putting this stuff on my head.... Problem is, I don't have enough time to wait for it to dry before I leave my house in the morning and I need to wear my beanie when I go outside (I have a shaved head and it's cold up here in Canada).

Anyone else having this problem? Do I really have to wait more than an hour before wearing a hat?

btw, I'm aware of the fast drying minoxidil, but I'd prefer to stick w/ Kirkland's since I'm kinda strapped for cash at the moment..

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Rub it in real good... then go out...

You can take a shower after an hour-- most of the minoxidil absorbs by then.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I usually put a hat on within 15-20 minutes of my Xandrox 5% application. I never do my hair sadly. Wear a hat everyday :(.

Goingat20

Reaction score
-cj- said:
I usually put a hat on within 15-20 minutes of my Xandrox 5% application. I never do my hair sadly. Wear a hat everyday :(.

I feel your pain, i wear my hat every day to uni. My hair is long from the back so every one gets the impression of long thick hair. :boid: male pattern baldness

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Goingat20 said:
-cj- said:

I feel your pain, i wear my hat every day to uni. My hair is long from the back so every one gets the impression of long thick hair. :boid: male pattern baldness
I have an office job...and I wear my hat everyday :cry:.

powersam

Reaction score
i don't think the hat thing helps you accept your hair nor anyone else accept it either. hiding it is probably the worst thing to do, especially girl wise. in my experience girls dont mind too much if a guy is receding as long as he just cuts it short and doesnt obsess over it.

and the thing is we are the same way. you see ron howard wearing his hat and when he takes it off his head almost looks disgusting. his hairloss would be far less shocking if he just cropped it short and went with it.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies..... and apologizes for taking a while to respond back

-cj-, are you using a Xandrox that is fast drying? I'm just wondering if I can get away with wearing a hat after applying Kirkland 5% as fast as u can with Xandrox...

PowerSam.... I completely understand what you're saying, but personally, it's been hard not to wear a hat because I go to university and it looks like I'm the only one who's balding in all of my classes..... and it gets pretty annoying when I'm talking to classmates and they'd be staring at my hairline instead of my eyes...... But you're right, constantly hiding my baldness under a hat will only cause more problems in the long run....

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
PowerSam said:
i don't think the hat thing helps you accept your hair nor anyone else accept it either. hiding it is probably the worst thing to do, especially girl wise. in my experience girls dont mind too much if a guy is receding as long as he just cuts it short and doesnt obsess over it.

and the thing is we are the same way. you see ron howard wearing his hat and when he takes it off his head almost looks disgusting. his hairloss would be far less shocking if he just cropped it short and went with it.

I have no doubt that it doesn't help me accept it. I just don't have a hairstyle, therefore I don't know what to do but wear a hat. I'm pretty much engaged, so I'm not to concerned about women, but I'm lucky in that aspect.

kalbo said:
Thanks for the replies..... and apologizes for taking a while to respond back

-cj-, are you using a Xandrox that is fast drying? I'm just wondering if I can get away with wearing a hat after applying Kirkland 5% as fast as u can with Xandrox...

PowerSam.... I completely understand what you're saying, but personally, it's been hard not to wear a hat because I go to university and it looks like I'm the only one who's balding in all of my classes..... and it gets pretty annoying when I'm talking to classmates and they'd be staring at my hairline instead of my eyes...... But you're right, constantly hiding my baldness under a hat will only cause more problems in the long run....

The Xandrox dries fairly quickly. I hear that other minoxidil's can be damp for like 4 hours? I used to wear a hat when I was in college too,...but that's just cause I was in a hurry :(. Oh how I wish I had taken more of an advantage of those days. I've always played baseball, so a hat is second nature to me. I'm just going to wait until the treatment gets my hair manageable again, then I'll work with it.