How Bad Am I Receding? (norwood Scale)

prodrigues12

My Regimen
Reaction score
How bad am I receding? Could this still be the formation of a mature hairline? What does my hairline rank on the norwood scale?

Attachments

• IMG_0779.JPEG
    IMG_0779.JPEG
    95.9 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_0780.JPEG
    IMG_0780.JPEG
    94.1 KB · Views: 798
  • IMG_0781.JPEG
    IMG_0781.JPEG
    103.4 KB · Views: 845
  • IMG_0784.JPEG
    IMG_0784.JPEG
    113.4 KB · Views: 630
  • IMG_0786.JPEG
    IMG_0786.JPEG
    69.8 KB · Views: 649

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
NW1-1.5. Notice the small hair strands along the hair line, most likely miniaturization. Should hop on treatment asap if family history is bad.

Gregor59

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very very same my hair. Even miniaturizaion .

Balding imo. How old are you ?

prodrigues12

My Regimen
Reaction score
NW1-1.5. Notice the small hair strands along the hair line, most likely miniaturization. Should hop on treatment asap if family history is bad.

I unfortunately have a very bad family history when it comes to balding. However what treatment should I go on? I hear terrible side affects about propecia and I don't know if I could actually keep up with putting rogaine in my hair twice a day. And correct me if I'm wrong but rogaine only promotes hair growth, it won't prevent hair from falling out unless combined with propecia right?

Pratyush07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 2 dude ur totally fine at the age of 27 it's normal to recede a little if u wanna save ur hair u can use finasteride and minoxidil. I am 19 and my hair are lot worse!!

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I unfortunately have a very bad family history when it comes to balding. However what treatment should I go on? I hear terrible side affects about propecia and I don't know if I could actually keep up with putting rogaine in my hair twice a day. And correct me if I'm wrong but rogaine only promotes hair growth, it won't prevent hair from falling out unless combined with propecia right?
finasteride does 90% of the work in stopping hair loss. You may get good regrowth or maintain a bit on minoxidil, but without finasteride you are fighting an uphill battle. I got sides on finasteride and reduced dosage to 1.25 mg EOD and I feel better (could be placebo though). If you've decided against finasteride due to sides, you only have minoxidil.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go to a dermatologist or a trichologist for a proper diagnosis, don't take action based on the diagnosis of some strangers from a hairloss forum, they won't be there to help if something happens...

Pratyush07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride does 90% of the work in stopping hair loss. You may get good regrowth or maintain a bit on minoxidil, but without finasteride you are fighting an uphill battle. I got sides on finasteride and reduced dosage to 1.25 mg EOD and I feel better (could be placebo though). If you've decided against finasteride due to sides, you only have minoxidil.
What was ur previous finasteride dose? I'm currently taking 1mg everyday

hlhopp

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's "miniaturization" or thin hair on the edge of EVERY hairline. Check your sides or the back of your head, there will be "miniaturization". Are you receding from the back as well? Look at pics attached, "miniaturization" in all of them.

Attachments

• Anna_Kendrick.jpg
    Anna_Kendrick.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 184
  • richard-nicoll-backstage-london-ready-to-wear-spring-summer-redhead-CENP0B.jpg
    richard-nicoll-backstage-london-ready-to-wear-spring-summer-redhead-CENP0B.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Street_Parade_2013_033.jpg
    Street_Parade_2013_033.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_4095.jpg
    IMG_4095.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 24369984-beautiful-blond-woman-with-her-hair-tied-back-neatlf.jpg
    24369984-beautiful-blond-woman-with-her-hair-tied-back-neatlf.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 174

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's "miniaturization" or thin hair on the edge of EVERY hairline. Check your sides or the back of your head, there will be "miniaturization". Are you receding from the back as well? Look at pics attached, "miniaturization" in all of them.
You're comparing men with females. The latter rarely go bald even if they have baby hairs. Men rarely develop baby hairs, as those hair will most likely die off due to Androgenetic Alopecia. OP most likely has miniaturization, especially since his hair line has receded.
And no, I do not have that much short, less-pigmented hairs sprouting from my hai line like OP. I have a couple in the middle of my hair line and new ones (5-7 strands max) appeared on my thinning temple, whereas before there was NONE on either temple.