how and when do i apply

britishboy

Reaction score
ive got a 12 month course of minoxidil and not too sure on how to apply it? i know about applying 1ml to the area 2 times a day, but im thinning both sides (kind of like phil collins) so do i apply 1ml to each side, 2 times a day? and do i just leave it or rub it in?

britishboy

Reaction score
Hi Lucky Ive got the liquid with the syringe's to apply it, do u know if i can apply 1ml to each area where its thinning, hairline on temple then one either side (phil collins style)

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For most 2ml is too much but it won't hurt. There was a time were I was doing 2ml but found that doing 1ml does the same effect.

britishboy

Reaction score
cheers

do i just drop 1ml out the syrine and leave it, or should i rub it in? 1ml doesnt sound a lot i was wondering if im thinning on both sides apply 1ml per side?
Should i rub/massage it in or just leave it as a 'drop' in my hair?

Sean68

Reaction score
hi mate you should use the spray really - not sure which aplpicators you have. i mean the long applicator rather than the one which sprays as
a fine mist. i use more than 1ml at a time as a lot of people do - about
10 sprays at a time and rubbing it in should help the absorption.

britishboy

Reaction score
cheers sean
I've got little bottles with a seperate applicator, kind of like a syringe without the needle on the end? Its got a 1ml marker on it, i tihnk i'll do 1ml either side, do i do it once or twice a day

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you should try and see how well 1ml covers the areas, twice a day. If u need add extra. But I think u need to do it twice daily.

I used to use the applicator like a pen on my scalp,"draw" on a small area then rub the liquid into my scalp, then move to another area, rub in more... of course I have no results to speak of yet so I dont know if u should be taking my advice! :D

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
British - not sure why people won't give you a straight answer!

Use 1ml, morning and night, to treat both temples. 1ml of minoxidil should be more than enough.

Apply drop by drop with the dropper and if you like, rub each drop into your thinning areas.

Def

Sean68

Reaction score
yeah see how you go. 1ml at a time is always a bit too little for me but im trying to spray it through long hair. if its short id imagine the whole process is a lot easier.

if youve only got the dropper then use that but ive always found it quite fiddly compared to the spray. but again should be easier with short hair.