Holy crap brutal oral minoxidil shedding plz help

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I just spent two minutes running my hands through my hair and pulled out over 300 f*****g hairs. No exaggeration. Is this normal?! Been on oral minoxidil for about 2 weeks now

Pentanol

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I just spent two minutes running my hands through my hair and pulled out over 300 f*****g hairs. No exaggeration. Is this normal?! Been on oral minoxidil for about 2 weeks now

During my trial-and-error treatment experimentations, no treatment caused a shed worse than oral minoxidil.

Since the old and novel literature regarding oral minoxidil casually skips the documentation of shedding, I began treatment with no expectations aside from my experience with minor shedding amidst my prior use of topical minoxidil. The first month of oral minoxidil monotherapy were perhaps the lowest quality days of my life in terms of hair as the shedding resulted in a temporary loss that formed a diffuse pattern on my previous minor recession at the hairline.

Fortunately, by 3 months, I was back near baseline and by 8 months, I had noticeable density at the temples. Keep documenting your loss as it may continue for a few more weeks to a month, but it is very likely you are on the cusp of great progress!

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was in that position for a bit. You should check out my post. After the shed, I had explosive regrowth but too much of it. I have hair everywhere now. Your entire scalp may shed because oral minoxidil is affecting the whole thing.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was in that position for a bit. You should check out my post. After the shed, I had explosive regrowth but too much of it. I have hair everywhere now. Your entire scalp may shed because oral minoxidil is affecting the whole thing.
The weird this is, it’s only from the top of my head. None from the sides

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
536x7w.jpg