HM

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I would be hesitant to jump on the HM bandwagon when it first comes out because we all know the first generation of anything is too expensive for results that will only be improved on when the price goes down. As far as idiot proofing the technique, I think it will be easier to execute HM than hair transplant. They are injecting cells under the skin and letting your body do the rest. Time to start saving my friends, salvation is not far away!

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I advice that it is best to have a full head of hair in your 20s, that's when you are still young and when love burns. I am a 19 year old Norwood 2 who will re-start finasteride shortly. After a year I will add lasercomb and I am going to get a hair transplant soon, the way I look at it is the consequences will arise in my 30s by which point I will already be a success and can use concealers or shave and buy a wig - however, by this time HM will have advanced or at least it will be a bonus for me if it has.

CCS

Reaction score
What you need is to still look 20 when you get HM. That means exercise, sleep and eat right, and no drinking or smoking or sun exposure. If you look 35 when it comes out, you'll still look better, but maybe not good enough to have that passionate romance you wanted.

That is why so many people say looks don't matter. They do matter, but the small changes we can make might not matter enough to get what we really want.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Well CCS, I'm sure you've heard the saying "Lord, help me change the things I can, accept the things I can't and grant me the wisdom to know the difference." paraphrasing there.

powersam

Reaction score
CCS said:
What you need is to still look 20 when you get HM. That means exercise, sleep and eat right, and no drinking or smoking or sun exposure. If you look 35 when it comes out, you'll still look better, but maybe not good enough to have that passionate romance you wanted.

That is why so many people say looks don't matter. They do matter, but the small changes we can make might not matter enough to get what we really want.

A 35 yr old who looks like a 35 yr old, will get way more play (and better quality) than a 20 yr old, if all other factors were considered equal.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Because the components of the system are already approved, the regulatory path is pretty straightforward, and Follica can perform human studies without jumping through a lot of governmental hoops. That’s exactly what the company plans to do with the money it has just raised. A proof of concept study involving 15 to 20 patients (Follica has no shortage of volunteers, as several hundred people sent in e-mails when word of Cotsarelis’s work reached the public) should begin in the next few months. The trial has several phases, however, and Zohar cautions that final data won’t be in for at least a year. So don’t pull your hair out waiting for results.

That is the most promising paragraph that I've read... hope it's not BS. It looks like that article came out in Jan/08 so maybe
we will hear something in January 09.

Petchsky

Reaction score
mmm indeed....several phases? :shock:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I watched that link about small medical wonders on the Today Show with Matt Lauer where a rep talks about Follicia. At the end of the segment the woman (rep) said if it sticks then we could be looking at four years, maybe less. Wouldn't that be the ultimate graduation gift to myself? Just in time for interviews. I just need something positive to think about. :whistle:

Obsidian

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I just need something positive to think about. :whistle:

The fact you would be graduating with a degree :whistle:

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
Nothing from the cure... :nono: WW3 will be in 2010....I just red on some news portal that one old blind woman from Bulgaria has predicted WW3.
By the way she has also predicted WW2, 9/11, her death and sank of the submarine Kursk....

...also Dr. George Cotsarelis will be shot by chinese! :whistle: