HM and scarring

dw99

Reaction score
So I've recently started losing my hair and am not interested in a hair transplant but would certainly be interested in HM if it comes out in a few years and is as good as what's been promised.

Anyhow, all these pictures I've seen of guys with hair transplants show tons of these little scars/scabs/holes where the hairs were transplanted. I've got some social anxiety to boot and if I had that type of thing on my head for months after getting an hair transplant before the new hair came in I would be a wreck. I personally think that it looks terrible and often wonder how guys get by in the months after their hair transplant. Do you try and wear hats or are you just so happy knowing that the hair will grow in that you don't give a sh*t?

Anyhow, so my real question is will HM leave similar scars/scabs like a traditional hair transplant does (even if they are temporary)? It's seems like it might but that they won't be as severe since they are just injecting cells rather than hairs. And when they say injecting, do they mean with a needle (which would be the best... seems like no scarring in this instance) or do they mean with a more invasive instrument that will leave holes in the scalp?

I'd be really interested to hear anyone's thoughts on this. Thanks!

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't answer your question, but I'm pretty self concious and I'd take a trip or somthing if I had the whole head done at once.

2young

Reaction score
Intercytex's HM procedure will use microinjection to inject the cells into your scalp. I'd imagine the needles are similar to those used for vaccines, etc. I can't see that causing scars or much in the way of scabs either. At worst, some temporary redness or swelling would occur. Just like always, take my predictions with a grain of salt, but if you ask me, no cutting=no scabs.