HIIT the day after a leg workout?

CCS

Reaction score
1. If I do squates and leg curls and other leg work one day, can I do a lot of interval training the next day? I want to do 5 sessions of 20 minutes.

2. I added up all the sets I want to do for my full body, and it is 25. I think I should split that into 2 days since Iron Man magazine said normal guys can't recover from more than 12 sets per day. I don't know 12 is a daily average, and that if I have a day off, I can do 25 on the workout day. Iron Man Magazine also said compound exercises count as two.

I want to do
Day 1: Upper body (extra calories)
Day 2: Lower body (extra calories)
Day 3: 20 minute IT every 3 hours (calorie deficit)

I could combine days 1 and 2 and make Day 2 on off day with maybe some light IT, if 25 sets in one day is OK.

I made a profile on BB.com, but that site is such a mess and even has BS in the stickies (like don't eat fruit if you are trying to lose weight because it has sugar in it). The moderaters caught it and put a note on it, but there is so much other BS there that I'd rather not bother reading there much.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
If you've never done legs before, be ready to not be able to walk normally for a week!

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, I've never done squats before. Just isolation work.

I'm going to give my legs 24 hours before starting the IT, and will start my IT with boxing, swimming, and then the tread mill and cycle. So my legs get more time off. And I just won't work my legs too hard on the leg day.

my cold is just about over. I just got back from the gym and feel good. I did not do much bench, but my chin ups are better than before, maybe because I'm doing them at the beginning of my workout instead of after the bench.

Anyway, my buff cut classmate says 24 hours is long enough. I'm just being cautious, though.