Hi,new Member Here. Traction Alopecia (photos)

Okk6281

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi 19 f, ive had traction alopecia for 2 years from 16-17.
for anyone confused as to what traction alopecia is:
  • Traction alopecia is a form of alopecia, or gradual hair loss, caused primarily by pulling force being applied to the hair. This commonly results from the sufferer frequently wearing their hair in a particularly tight ponytail, pigtails, or braids.
Ive never dyed,bleached or ever put something in my hair but at 16 i thought id start experimenting with my hair.The first thing i did was get my hair bleached (which gave me horrible dry scalp,dandruff, and dry hair).
The next thing i did was start aggressively straightening my hair,brushing my hair too often and do hairstyles which pulled at my scalp, and put well alot of hairstyling products on my hair.

I noticed that my hair was starting to fall more than usual so instead of stopping i just did home remedies which did worse for my hair than good , and those natural oils did nothing except clog my follicles and cause more hair loss.

By 17 my hair loss was severe, my hair was completely damaged so it had to be cut at a bob length, my scalp was in pain and very tender,i feelt like my hair was being pulled all the time even though at that point i stopped messing with my hair.

Its 2019 and i still have not regained the majority of my old hair back and get occasional hair loss sometimes, my scalp also gets sensitive sometimes even though i do nothing to my hair anymore, ive been using monoxidil and its helped with just speeding up the hair length but it hasn't helped with the regrowth of my hair.

It has been almost 2 years since i stopped abusing my hair and i still se no regrowth of new hair. Do you think that my hair will never grow back in those parts since they seem so shiny and there seems no dot of a new follicle and only surgery will help, or do you all think i should still wait?

My hair looks like these pictures.

Woman_examining_hair_line.jpg

article-0-1A4663B800000578-109_634x887.jpg

telogen_effluvium_women_2.jpg

dm900

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
29 year old male, my first encounter with hair loss with traction slope is are the right temple, Chronic and puller. Never grew back the same but that may be due to my androgenic loss too. However it did recover somewhat. Just continue to let your scalp heal, that’s really all you can do.

Arlena

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi 19 f, ive had traction alopecia for 2 years from 16-17.
for anyone confused as to what traction alopecia is:
  • Traction alopecia is a form of alopecia, or gradual hair loss, caused primarily by pulling force being applied to the hair. This commonly results from the sufferer frequently wearing their hair in a particularly tight ponytail, pigtails, or braids.
Ive never dyed,bleached or ever put something in my hair but at 16 i thought id start experimenting with my hair.The first thing i did was get my hair bleached (which gave me horrible dry scalp,dandruff, and dry hair).
The next thing i did was start aggressively straightening my hair,brushing my hair too often and do hairstyles which pulled at my scalp, and put well alot of hairstyling products on my hair.

I noticed that my hair was starting to fall more than usual so instead of stopping i just did home remedies which did worse for my hair than good , and those natural oils did nothing except clog my follicles and cause more hair loss.

By 17 my hair loss was severe, my hair was completely damaged so it had to be cut at a bob length, my scalp was in pain and very tender,i feelt like my hair was being pulled all the time even though at that point i stopped messing with my hair.

Its 2019 and i still have not regained the majority of my old hair back and get occasional hair loss sometimes, my scalp also gets sensitive sometimes even though i do nothing to my hair anymore, ive been using monoxidil and its helped with just speeding up the hair length but it hasn't helped with the regrowth of my hair.

It has been almost 2 years since i stopped abusing my hair and i still se no regrowth of new hair. Do you think that my hair will never grow back in those parts since they seem so shiny and there seems no dot of a new follicle and only surgery will help, or do you all think i should still wait?

My hair looks like these pictures.

View attachment 124554
View attachment 124555
View attachment 124556
Check the rubber washers in your shower head!! My shower head had these black small washers that were degraded and giving off this black ink that was going in the water and all over me when I showered. Since I replaced my shower head and got rid of those washers my hair is growing back again. I would have never known if my shower head didn't break. I thought it was aging or hormones because I am 51 but it wasn't. Hope this helps!