Hey I am New Whats up!

Ireallyhatethis

Reaction score
Well first off let me say I am new here, so my name is George, but you guys call me G. Anyway I am 18(basically 19, bday very soon), and I have noticed my balding for about a year, however I used to have my hair very short so I'm thinking I started thinning probably around 16 or 17. My father is bald but he is 62 haha. He started around 40. My Uncle's, one is bald, but in his mid 50's and the other is fine, and he's 50. My grandfather on that side of the family was bald, but didn't start till around 50. My mothers father died with about what I have now, which is funny to me, because we are spinning images of each other(both have HUGE foreheads). I suppose that is the reason I really am not happy these days. I know a few of my friends who are experiencing hair loss on the frontal hairline, but they have normal size heads so either it's not that noticable or they can cover it with a good hairstyle. While I, with my big head, have to resort to relentless hat wearing. I looked better in a hat before my hair loss, so I mean most people don't question it, but still. My hair is quite long and this is hard to style with a thinning hair line, so another reason for the hat, but if I cut my hair short, well then my head is exposed and that aint a pretty site. So I'm stuck in a world of suck. Anyway at the tender age of basically 19 years, I don't know whether I am a Norwood 2 or 2.5. I say this because my original hairline was so high that I was probably a Norwood 1.5 to start with, no joke. So I am going to say 2 or 2.5, which sucks. Plus I have noticed a good amount of thinning when my hair is wet across the scalp, not the crown. With the crown I am not sure whether it is beginning the thinning process or if it's just one of those little spots some people have when their hair is parted, I hope you know what I mean.

Anyway if you actually read what I just typed(I'm sorry it is so long), then you may be screaming, YOU IDIOT! TAKE PRO/MIN/nizoral! Well have no fear I am currently on that regiment right now. I have been taking propecia for 4 1/2 months now I'd say and well i havent noticed a dramatic decrease in hair line, because when I started there was about an inch of thinning hairs and now most of them have gone with a slight start on more thinning back. So I am not sure if those minaturized hairs that were present before the propecia came into effect are supposed to fall out for good and then propecia takes work and stops further hair loss or what. But let's just say I wasn't thrilled with the fallout I experienced, that is the cause for the major thinning across the top of the head. I am not blaming propecia because most people say you get the fall out in the first 3 months or 4, and then the new hairs will grow back and you will end up with more hairs, and thicker hair. Well I am crossing my fingers and hoping they are starting to grow back. However I don't take too many chances, so after seeing some results of the pro/minoxidil regiment I decided to start minoxidil, and I JUST started it, like today is my first day. OH and I forgot I started the nizoral when I bought the propecia. So that is my depressing little story. I go to college very soon*yes I am old to be a Freshman and no I never stayed back lol* so this regiment may be a little annoying in the first months of constant writing and reading and all that fun stuff. But I am hoping I can pull it off. Wish me luck!

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck. Some obvervations -

For someone who knows what they are doing, you sure write a lot. Might want to learn to edit your work when you get to college.... :lol:

Just addding Min and nizoral? Best to pyschologically prepare for another shed. Not saying it will happen but there is a fairly good chance of at least a small one and you wouldn't want to be caught by surprise.

After that, you should start to see a general thickening and overall improvement (no regrowth) pretty soon.

jerry grant

Ireallyhatethis

Reaction score
haha yeah I am actually quite a good writer when I do edit my work lol. I am just rambling because this issue is quite a concern as you can imagine. And yes I know about the shed when you initially start minoxidil, this is the concern I had before I started, I thought, "I already have thinned all over the top this might just send me into total baldness" LOL. Obviously that is a little far fetched, but I do expect to look stupid for a couple of months, but nothing a hat can't hide haha. But thanks for the response and if you don't mind me asking, have you done similar regiments and has it worked for you? Thanks

G

Ireallyhatethis said:
haha yeah I am actually quite a good writer when I do edit my work lol. I am just rambling because this issue is quite a concern as you can imagine. And yes I know about the shed when you initially start minoxidil, this is the concern I had before I started, I thought, "I already have thinned all over the top this might just send me into total baldness" LOL. Obviously that is a little far fetched, but I do expect to look stupid for a couple of months, but nothing a hat can't hide haha. But thanks for the response and if you don't mind me asking, have you done similar regiments and has it worked for you? Thanks

Yes the Big Three work and work well. The greatest danger is that people drop the treatments because they don't grow hair overnight or have some shedding. Stay the course for at least a year.

You may want to try NANO shampoo as it MAY help you avoid some shedding.

Good luck