Help!!

Buildin'

Reaction score
I posted this in the dutasteride section, but thought I would repost here.....

Hello all. I am 28 and I am definitely noticing some thinning in my hairline area. Not so much of anything in the back or the top, mainly the front. It is not obvious to everyone who looks at me, but it IS painfully obvious to me. I want something to stop the loss. I don't really care whether I regrow or not, because I haven't lost ALL that much...I do wish to keep what I have.

In your informed opinions, what is the better way to go? dutasteride, which seems to start working right off, or finasteride, which seems to take months to get rolling.

Also, I am a bit of a gym rat, and am actually looking to compete sometime down the road in bodybuilding...Will either of these treatments hurt me in the gym? Does anyone else here lift on either med? I want my hair, but I wanna be able to build muscle as well.....Damn, this sucks. Any answers would be appreciated....

"Buildin'"

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you are going to bodybuild it wont hurt you, probably help you since you get 10% more testosterone from finasterid.
but ive heard that in some country`s that finasterid is on the iliegal drug list for compeditors. if you are going to compete this could be a risk.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Buildin' said:
I posted this in the dutasteride section, but thought I would repost here.....

Hello all. I am 28 and I am definitely noticing some thinning in my hairline area. Not so much of anything in the back or the top, mainly the front. It is not obvious to everyone who looks at me, but it IS painfully obvious to me. I want something to stop the loss. I don't really care whether I regrow or not, because I haven't lost ALL that much...I do wish to keep what I have.

In your informed opinions, what is the better way to go? dutasteride, which seems to start working right off, or finasteride, which seems to take months to get rolling.

Also, I am a bit of a gym rat, and am actually looking to compete sometime down the road in bodybuilding...Will either of these treatments hurt me in the gym? Does anyone else here lift on either med? I want my hair, but I wanna be able to build muscle as well.....Damn, this sucks. Any answers would be appreciated....

"Buildin'"

Dutastride and finastride will help you in the gym.

Sean68

Reaction score
im gonna get on W of W's nerves agan here and say you should should try finasteride first. you might not have to try something as hardcore as dutasteride.

Buildin'

Reaction score
I realize finasteride is not as "hardcore", but the reason I would lean towards dutasteride is because from what I have read, it works faster at keeping what you already have, where as with finasteride I would keep losing for a few months before I noticed any good from taking the drug. Hell, I don't know. I do know that I want to keep my mane, and I know if I don't do something soon, it will be noticable to all that I am, in fact, not keeping it.

Buildin'

oni

Reaction score
Buildin'

You must understand the term loading dose?

You can do both with finasteride and dutasteride.

Try starting finasteride, 1 x Proscar (5mg of finasteride) a day for a week then cut back to a quarter a tablet or get on Propecia (1mg of finasteride).

Give this 8 months to a year.

dutasteride does not work quicker.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oni said:
Buildin'

Try starting finasteride, 1 x Proscar (5mg of finasteride) a day for a week then cut back to a quarter a tablet or get on Propecia (1mg of finasteride).

dutasteride dosent work quicker it works MUCH quicker

oni

Reaction score
roki said:
oni said:
Buildin'

Really please show me some scientific data to prove this!

Buildin'

Reaction score
I guess what I am saying is that from what I have been reading, testimonials and the like, is that dutasteride stops hairloss much quicker than finasteride. Some people shed a bit, but many people report a loss stop fairly quickly whereas with finasteride it takes months to notice less fallout. Have I been misreading information? I guess I just wanna make the best choice for me.

Buildin'

oni

Reaction score
Look you seem to have your heart set on dutasteride, so go for it!

It's getting near the three year mark for me, on Avodart generics and I am doing fine!

If you really need it to work quick take a loading dose for a week!

Buildin'

Reaction score
Yeah, that is the way I am leaning. I guess I want something I am confident will work...

On a side note, does anyone use the drug and find it hard to lose fat? I realize that these questions of mine may be mundane, but to me they are important. I guess what I am saying is that I don't want female characteristcs by taking a drug that suppresses DHT.

Buildin'

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oni said:
roki said:
oni said:
Buildin'

Really please show me some scientific data to prove this!

i dont have a link but that's what i read ,and it makes sense too dosent it?
why else would you recconmend the guy to take 5mg proscar for a week its the same idea with dutasteride only stronger ,and not only for a week but for ever
by the way oni what do you mean your hair is fine? -please give some details

the Roki

oni

Reaction score
Sorry roki, I know how you like pictures of men and please stop sending me PM's asking for nude pictures.

I cannot supply them so please stop asking!

oni

Reaction score
roki how does it make sense? dutasteride is only 0.5mg this takes time to build up in your system!

What do you mean by stronger?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oni
its stronger because it inhibits more dht (dosent it?)
i remmeber reading few reaserchs about it and there was a better response in 6 months then finasteride had in longer time
im not gonna search them because i got stuff to do thank you very much
and tell dave to stop calling i dont care if you cant satisfy him and im not saying that there's anything wrong with it ,but im not into that stuff :p

oni

Reaction score
Dave is an inanimate object!

How the f*ck can Dave call you!

I told you roki!!!! stop f*cking PM'ing me!!!!!

G

oni,

dht levels are down like 85-90% after only a couple doses of dutasteride.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oni said:
I know JayMan, I was just messing with roki's head. :D
oni you dont have to play games with me to tell me you like me you can just say it dont be shy