Help! My head is inflammed!

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on propecia for a year, minoxidil a few weeks.

I started minoxidil on just hairline and the inflamation began before this so I know that minoxidil is not causing it.

I normally rotate nizoral/t-gel and johnson's baby shampoo and this has worked very well for about 8 months. But now my head is always itchy, has spots and I'm shedding loads on top where I never used to shed very much.

I wash my hair twice a day (always have) so I'm thinking about using t-gel only for two weeks to see if it makes a difference. nizoral just seems to make things worse now! I think it's the bloody sun causing this. Anyone got any ideas. Thanks.

KRAMER

Reaction score
Are you on 2% or 5%? If you are on 5, try going to the 2.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some anti-inflamitories: Emu Oil, Aloe Vera, Folligen, Tea Tree Oil Conditioner.

Dont rule out alergic reaction to PPG or minoxidil.

bombscience

Reaction score
Carefully inspect your scalp to see what the real situation is. Most people feel that minoxidil itches at first. However, in some cases like mine there was a reaction to something in the solution. If you're scalp looks a little inflamed, wait 2 weeks to see if it heals, otherwise if itching flaking and scabbing continue, start thinking about other formulas (Dr. Lee).

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
The problem began before I started minoxidil. We just discovered our damn cats have fleas so I think it's messing with my hair. Are Emu Oil, Aloe Vera, Folligen, Tea Tree Oil Conditioner available over the counter in the UK as any generic shampoos or do I need to order off the net? Thanks.