HELP Itchy scalp after 2 months on nizoral ????

Scoiland

Established Member
Reaction score
I have recently started taking Nizoral 2X a week along with my Proscar and minioxidal which i have been on for about 9 months

now it seemed as soon as i started taking nizoral my scalp is becoming very itchy , even though before i started taking it it never itched... EVER

i have been taking the nizoral for about a month and a half now .....

Why is my scalp so itchy???

Also there seem to be white flakes in my hair once in a while that are like hard to get out. Is this dead skin ??

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe stop using the Nizoral for a few weeks to confirm it is the shampoo that is the problem.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is prassable that the Nizoral is causing the irritation, prassably.

Reaction score
When i first began using nizoral, i also experienced a slight itch maybe once a day or so, nothing severe....anyways I kept using it and after about 2 or 3 weeks of use the itch went away. I would keep using it and see if it gets worse or what not for a while, then try maybe not using it so much or maybe leave it on your scalp for 2-3 minutes instead of 5 minutes......good luck

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Add T/Gel and T/Sal, they both help with the itch from different angles.

kt_hair

Reaction score
The day i use nizoral, my scalp does not itch. But it returns back from the next day onwards and stays till the next time I use nizoral...I feel the itch is due to some internal problem...and shampooing externally just takes care of it temparorily.