Help! Is this a "poof effect" or not thinned out enough by stylist

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do new hair systems look kind of "big" on your head from the poof for first few days?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not necessarily. If your system is too dense seek out a stylist to thin it out with thinning shears. Overly dense systems look unnatural and wiggy.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely will have poof, even more so on a v-looped UTS than on lace (so I've been told)

My poof takes a week or so to calm down

You can spray lots of leave-in conditioner and wear a cap to help settle the hair. Wash it a couple of times too.

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, need photos to really be sure.

My systems usually come in a bit dense and have to be thinned out (very cautiously so the longevity of the system is considered). Poofiness does go down but some will remain if the density is too heavy.

When I get a new system cut in I usually book a 5-10 min follow up cut about a week later. That way I can live with it and get a feel for what will work long term and what needs to change. I almost always end up having a bit of length and density taken off when I go for the follow up.

Better to be overly cautious for the first cut - once it's cut or thinned it's gone forever. On the follow up you'll be certain about what needs done.