Hello Guys What the Hell Is This ??

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair can degrade on the sides despite doctors saying it’s permanent. It can degrade on one side & not the other. Transplanted hairs can degrade as well.
so in your case it’s a thinning area. You have to really hit that area with your topicals/microneedling. It can improve

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These photos are from exactly two years and a week ago. I was using isotretinoin and some sort of cream for my acne problem that's probably why i took these pictures, to see if my acnes are improving or not. When i found these on my old phone by chance i was shocked because of how much hair i had lost. I really could use some help guys, thanks.
For how long did you use isotretinoin? And when did you stop using it?

Hairloss/thinning is listed as side effect, as it is with some other acne treatments. Generally these are listed as temporary side effects.

cyclonus

Reaction score
I think this is androgen related but not the typical hair loss. Many guys have this, it is kind of "the beard growing up", changing the structure of the hairs on the sides more to the coarse, sparser, just like beard or body hair. Maybe Finasteride helps.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Retrograde alopecia
I would say DUPA.

It is androgen driven anyway. The difference is the entire scalp is sensitive to androgens instead of the classic pattern.

@OowowoO

If arent on any treatment for the moment you should buy 2% ketoconazole shampoo immediately and use it as often as you can tolerate (idealy you should use it daily but a lot of guys cannot tolerate daily use because it usually cause hair and scalp dryness).

Oral minoxidil will probably help a lot but it's dangerous. Use topical minoxidil 5% for at least 6 months and see how it goes. For maximum results you should add microneedling. Minoxidil + microneedling can do miracles. I would also add some melatonin powder to the minoxidil solution. It can greatly reduce the hair miniaturization process.

Also i would add MSM to your arsenal, it probably wont do any miracle but it can help with hair thickness and texture

Of course you can take finasteride, but be aware of the sides effects

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say DUPA.

It is androgen driven anyway. The difference is the entire scalp is sensitive to androgens instead of the classic pattern.

@OowowoO

If arent on any treatment for the moment you should buy 2% ketoconazole shampoo immediately and use it as often as you can tolerate (idealy you should use it daily but a lot of guys cannot tolerate daily use because it usually cause hair and scalp dryness).

Oral minoxidil will probably help a lot but it's dangerous. Use topical minoxidil 5% for at least 6 months and see how it goes. For maximum results you should add microneedling. Minoxidil + microneedling can do miracles. I would also add some melatonin powder to the minoxidil solution. It can greatly reduce the hair miniaturization process.

Also i would add MSM to your arsenal, it probably wont do any miracle but it can help with hair thickness and texture

Of course you can take finasteride, but be aware of the sides effects
Ketoconazole is Amazing.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started using the ketocolost, i love it. Smells good, doesn't dry hair/scalp that much even with 30 minutes applications. I hope it will at least reduces the shedding

Did you notice any hair thickening since you started?
No Because i wasnt consistent with it and even dropped it a few weeks ago but using it everyday now, but it does reduce shedding for me.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used it close to 5 months ended it on july 2020. It’s almost been two years if it was temporary shouldn’t i have get my hair back by now?
The first time i realised my thinning side was also july but 2021. So the thinning started being obvious 1 year later i stopped using the drug.

I hope it’s just thinned out, because to me it looks like most hair follicles are gone, i don’t know can regrowth be possible or not?
There’s a picture of how it started around july 2021. Sorry for the sh*tty beard.

The problem is hairloss can be such a long and drawn out process, if it was this that sparked your hairloss then it may have been very gradual and only now your noticing it. It may seem sudden but chances are you didn't notice the gradual miniaturization. It's my best guess it's the isotretinoin as it seems to have come out of nowhere and hairloss is a common problem with isotretinoin, so a huge coincidence if it's not this.

Hopefully the reverse will happen but it may take even longer. I got a huge shed from minoxidil about 15 years ago and never fully recovered (started it for few weeks then stupidly stopped once I seen the shed and panicked, and never used it again).

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn i regret starting the acne treatment now. If it’s because of the drug, it definitely didn’t worth it. And the worst part is i have a feeling inside of me that at the end of this process i will have to use finasteride. Only to hate myself again for killing my libido forever. You just can’t f*****g win. Life sucks.
Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll see a dermatologist in a couple of days. I really wanna save finasteride as a last resort. I’ll probably try microneedling and the shampoo and maybe topical minoxidil. I’m curious what’s my diagnosis will be. Let’s see if it’s dupa or retrograde or whatever. Will update after doctor.
In my experience dermatologist are a waste of time. If you have a reputable hair transplant surgeon near you I would go see that person.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have kinda the same. I believe it is same thing as male pattern baldness except on the sides.

Go to a dermatologist for sure, he can tell if its due to the autoimmune hairloss or genetic. Autoimmune will reverse but the latter won't

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn i regret starting the acne treatment now. If it’s because of the drug, it definitely didn’t worth it. And the worst part is i have a feeling inside of me that at the end of this process i will have to use finasteride. Only to hate myself again for killing my libido forever. You just can’t f*****g win. Life sucks.
I totally agree, take something for one problem and develop something much worse. It may not be from the treatments but since your thinning is like you say reasonably rare, it's my best bet. Maybe worth looking further into it and seeing if you can see any forums where people have experienced hairloss from the same stuff you used and if it was temporary. Even if it is temporary it may take a while to see it thicken again as all loss and recovery is extremely delayed in my experience (this is also the reason we don't have a fully blown natural cure to male pattern baldness yet in my opinion, takes to long to see what actually helps so we don't stick to anything natural for a long enough time period!)

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No Because i wasnt consistent with it and even dropped it a few weeks ago but using it everyday now, but it does reduce shedding for me.
Hey, how many pumps do you use per shampoo?

I use 2 pumps.do you know if keto can give you a shedding phase like finasteride and minoxidil before regrowth?

I am using it everyday since 19 april and i am losing ton of hair right now. Scary

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, how many pumps do you use per shampoo?

I use 2 pumps.do you know if keto can give you a shedding phase like finasteride and minoxidil before regrowth?

I am using it everyday since 19 april and i am losing ton of hair right now. Scary
No I didnt get any shedding. But I quit using it because it made hair thinner because of the drying effect. I dont need it anyways. My regimen is strong enough.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I didnt get any shedding. But I quit using it because it made hair thinner because of the drying effect. I dont need it anyways. My regimen is strong enough.
Thanks.

Do you remember how much pumps did you use per shampoo? Maybe i dont use enough