Hearing loss in a young age. Anyone else?

jensyy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else experienced a hearing loss in a young age?
Did you get the hearing aids immediately?

Yaumide

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hearing loss is a common condition that affects many people as they age. While it may not be possible to completely prevent hearing loss, there are some steps you can take to reduce your risk and protect your hearing as you get older. Here are some tips:

1. Protect your ears from loud noise: Exposure to loud noise can damage your hearing over time. Wear earplugs or noise-canceling headphones when you are in a loud environment, such as a concert or a construction site.

2. Keep the volume down: When listening to music or watching TV, keep the volume at a moderate level to avoid damaging your hearing.

3. Take breaks: If you are in a loud environment for an extended period of time, take breaks to give your ears a rest.

4. Quit smoking: Smoking has been linked to hearing loss, so quitting smoking can help reduce your risk.

5. Manage chronic conditions: Certain chronic conditions, such as diabetes and high blood pressure, can increase your risk of hearing loss. Manage these conditions with medication and lifestyle changes to reduce your risk.

6. Get regular hearing tests: Regular hearing tests can help detect hearing loss early and allow for prompt treatment.

7. Eat a healthy diet: A healthy diet that is rich in nutrients such as folate and omega-3 fatty acids may help protect against age-related hearing loss.

It's important to note that while these tips can help reduce your risk of hearing loss, they may not prevent it completely. If you are experiencing hearing loss or other hearing-related issues, it's always a good idea to talk to a healthcare professional.

Likewise

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not in a very young age though... but yes, i wear hearing aids for about three years now.
It is not the worse time to get them as just recently over the counter hearing aids became available and the prices for them dropped significantly.
At that time when i go mine, prices were still insane and i know people who needed to take a bank credit in order to purchase those.

Last edited: