Has your itch & irritation been controlled?

misterium

Reaction score
Once the itch/irritation was controlled and stopped, did you continue with your T-Gel/T-Sal regimen in addition to your Nizoral use?

When I first started my regimen about a year and a half ago, the itching and irritation on my scalp was ridiculous.. I jumped onto the Nizoral quickly, and my irritation kept up for many many months..

Finally, just within the recent months now, I've been able to get a good 'grip' on things.. .and I'm controlling the situation much better. Tricomin has helped imo.. Nizoral is helping also, I use it 2x weekly.

I'm not so much 'itchy' any more on my regimen, but I do feel random sensations only on the thinning areas of my crown/vertex.. it's like I can feel some follicle activity going on.. kinda irritating but I don't scratch it.. it usually goes away shortly and it's only once a day or so.

I've been doing Nizoral on Monday and Friday, and using T-Sal on Sunday night.. I use Tricomin with a medicine dropper every morning before work and every evening after my shower.

I'm feeling better about things recently, but I still need greater control of my scalp health. I want this random sensation to stop, I don't want any feeling on my thinning areas at all .. I want them to feel like my non-thinning parts, and be just as healthy. I need help, can you suggest something for me? Maybe some new kind of addition to my regimen?

Is there any way to get the pH of my scalp tissue balanced and keep it that way? Is there something to make the skin 'healed'? I feel like it's just on the thinning parts of the crown! Weird tingles..

I don't want to start minoxidil yet, but I've been very tempted lately.

btw, I don't have any swirl-like bald spots .. everything still has good coverage it's just thinning towards the back and you can see my scalp sometimes.. when I slick it back with gel especially (but that's my style).

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used Nizoral + T/gel + T/Sal + Folligen to kill off the itch.

Once it was gone I cut down to just T/Gel + Nizoral.

I have had zero itchyness for over a year.

misterium

Reaction score
cool..

I can't mess with Folligen, the PPG in it makes me itch real bad.. that's why I use Tricomin instead.

Is there anything else I can add ?

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
One day off a week from minoxidil (until the itch is under control)

On this day use a good moisturiser on your scalp.

When you finish in the shower / bath, rinse your scalp with very cold water.

Good Luck

Cassin

Reaction score
misterium said:
I can't mess with Folligen, the PPG in it makes me itch real bad.. that's why I use Tricomin instead.

I doubt it was the PPG since it is such a small part of folligen, more likely it was the concentration of the various CP's. Dr Pickart even advices watering down his formula.

Try laying off the Nizoral for a bit.

Radio said:
One day off a week from minoxidil (until the itch is under control) ]

No minoxidil in his regimen my good man.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:

Ok, so take seven days off the minoxidil a week, this will really help any irritation.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Radio said:
Cassin said:

Ok, so take seven days off the minoxidil a week, this will really help any irritation.

If you manage not to use it twice daily too, it will help some more.

misterium

Reaction score
hmm.. :)

Reaction score
I have seb dermititis and some itching and scalp irritation for the longest time, been using Nizoral for about 6 months and still have problems, got on T-gel on off days of nizoral and my scalp has never felt better!