has anyone stopped their hairline recession completely...

G

with minoxidil alone??? i was jus wondering because my hairline n temples seems to still be shedding but at an incredibly slower rate than it was many months back. thanx

Afro Thunder

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
I have not stopped my recession unfortunately, but I have managed to thicken up the temple regions. It is going to take me at least a year in my opinion until I get some significant regrowth out of my regimen. I am alright with that, and if I don't, well I am just going to go on living as I am. I have experienced worse things than hairloss.

Nomad

bombscience

Reaction score
from all that i've read, some of the thicker cremes such as folligen and spironolactone have added the extra punch to dramatically slow down recession.

guy38

Reaction score
I stopped mine with minoxidil, but regrowth was only small amount till I added propecia. Now I am getting my hairline back that was lost in the early 80's when it all started. Ironically, although it seems to be working in vertex area, The regrowth is not nearly as well as in the front. And vertex lost only started 5 or 6 years ago. Go figure.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cosmo gene said:
bump, folligen and spironolactone should be staples.
I am thinking youre right,. Nizoral isnt enough of an anti-inflamitory, and spironolactone will seriously help cut back on the dht.

I'm going to add both to my regimen. I plan on making the spironolactone myself to keep things affordable. I should be able to have 'big five' for about $50-$60/month.. and possibly under $40/month if I swich to Fincar, which I think I'll probably do next round.

I've also heard Emu Oil is a great anti-inflamitory. Maybe I'll look into that but I dont want things to get any more out of hand then they already are!

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
flux

emu is great for acute conditions, do you actually have targeted inflamation? if you do than emu kools things down a bit.