Has anyone had surgery with Rogers or Farjo?

CFM

Reaction score
I am considering surgery & have met both the above as I undersdtand they are the best in the UK?

Has anyone here had surgery with Rogers or Farjo that would talk of there experiences?

I have a number of questions to ask in order to decide as there advice is different.[/b]

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
I consulted with both & decided to go with Rogers. I've now had three FUE sessions & have one left. I'm very pleased with my decision.
Rogers is definately the better one of the two & is the only UK surgeon I'd recommend.

Rogers spends all day working on ONE patient. Farjo does at least two patients if not more per day.
Pricewise there's probably not much difference. Rogers charges by the graft (average of 2+ hairs), Farjo quotes per hair.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
I saw Dr Rogers 3 weeks ago and my concern is whether to go strip or FUE. Cost is not my prime concern - it's just trying to figure out which will cause the least "damage". I would really like to go ahead with one or other procedure. I'll need to see if I can book myself in for 6 months ahead and decide on which way to go nearer the time.

Any thoughts appreciated from those who've had strip or FUE done.

jambri

Established Member
Reaction score
it's just trying to figure out which will cause the least "damage".

I would think this is a no-brainer. FUE is nowhere near as invasive as strip surgery.[/quote]

pete24

Reaction score
that may be, but Dr. rogers seemed to be recommending Strip over FUE.

I was impressed by him...Id been to norton a few months back and wasnt convinced...mainly by their lack of any photos...

Dr. Rogers had far more than I expected to see.

Plus he was not at all pushy..

They are opening a clinic in london where a new female surgeon will be doing some work for him...but I ll probably opt for him as I spoke to him directly.

He seemed like a nice bloke.

As for farjo,

I did call them, but they only do the surgey in manchester, plus, I like the fact the Dr. Rogers only sees one pat. per day.

not booked in yet...need to sort it around a holiday.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you need a larger number of grafts strip may be better, but otherwise FUE is definitely less invasive.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
pete24 said:
that may be, but Dr. rogers seemed to be recommending Strip over FUE.

Thats what I found when I met him. He recommended 2000 grafts which might be the reason for strip as FUE would require 4 sessions for this amount of grafts. I emailed the clinic today to check availablity of dates. Having got a haircut yesterday I was reminded that I really want to start taking action before it becomes overly obvious that I've had work done.

From what I understand Dr Rogers is using a new technique to make the strip scar as minimal as possible.

I would never go for a shorter haircut than a no 4 so I don't reckon it would ever be visible.

Leaving cost aside, I believe it would appear to me that strip technique is not an inferior method just different. I would assume that the reason most people are on this board is because they don't want a shaved head anyway so I wonder if it really is an issue?

I was a bit surprised by the comment that the decision to go FUE is a no brainer. Unless someone's planning to have a shaved head or closely cropped hair I don't see why that can necessarily be said.

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr Rogers has had some very nice results with strip.
His normal strip scars are very good anyway, the new closure method he's been using is virtually invisible.
If you're never going to shave right down then you won't really gain anything by going the FUE route. FUE would cost considerably more & as you say take 4 sessions instead of 1.

Rogers is uploading a video onto his site soon showing a patient's 12 month results with strip & the new closure method.
I'll keep checking & post a link here when it's up.

smalley

Reaction score
Im a diffused hair loss for 9yr now and it seems to have halted on own. tried proscar and minoxidil but to no avail, so had consultation with Dr Rogers.
What struck me was that he seemed almost negative in wanting to do surgery on me ?. He advised me that a non responder to proscar is more than likley to responed to advodart 9 out of 10 do responed.
He seems ethical but just wondering if he comes a cross like this noe sales approach or is it just me.

Ps going for 500 fue hope to thicken things up a little n get off toppik.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got an appointment with Dr Rogers to proceed with 2000 grafts - I felt uneasy and also relieved when I read the letter. I wouldn't have moved so quickly had it not been for this board. I'm pleased I've now made a positive decision to move forward as seeing my scalp through my hair over the last couple of years has dented my morale considerably.

Vega

Reaction score
i had 1700 grafts done with Dr Rogers in september. He is brilliant and completely professional, and relaxing. I would highly reccomend him to anyone, i had strip surgery because its cheaper and less time consuming. Im still waiting to see results

jeffsss

Reaction score
carter said:
I saw Dr Rogers 3 weeks ago and my concern is whether to go strip or FUE. Cost is not my prime concern - it's just trying to figure out which will cause the least "damage". I would really like to go ahead with one or other procedure. I'll need to see if I can book myself in for 6 months ahead and decide on which way to go nearer the time.

if cost isnt your concern i dont know why you wouldnt go with a FUE.

it's twice as much from what i've read.. but you can cut your hair real short and not see anything.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
carter said:

if cost isnt your concern i dont know why you wouldnt go with a FUE.

it's twice as much from what i've read.. but you can cut your hair real short and not see anything.

Well from what I understand the strip car is very neat and only visible with a crew cut, I don't intend going shorter than a no 4 (and that is really short to me) If I go for 2000 grafts I get it done in one go and not spread over 4 sessions. I will see the results faster therefore than perhaps a full year later.

Also I understand that Strip allows better selection of matching grafts than FUE.

I agree if the strip method was like being disfigured I wouldn't consider it but as it's a fine line scar hopefully then I don't see a problem. I really don't want to have a shaved head as I feel it just wouldn't suit me, whats the point bothering about a thin scar if for example you don't have a smooth rounded head? therefore whats the drawback?

If you can genuinely see a reason why I might be wrong please let me know. The only thing I can see is yes I will have a thin scar but if that's visible then I've effectively got a bald head and given I'm 42 now I don't see that happening in the donor area.