Has anyone ever tried Astaxanthin with saw palmetto ?

Arthurandsam

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's known that this combo decrease a little DHT about 25% (while saw palmetto do not alone) while not increasing too much Estradiol but I don't see feedback from users ... Thanks !

Is 25% not too low for effictiveness for just maintain hairs ?

As I was getting sides even with 0.025% topical finasteride 3x/week (wich dcrease DHT by about 34%), maybe 25% could be interesting?

An open label, dose response study to determine the effect of a dietary supplement on dihydrotestosterone, testosterone and estradiol levels in healthy males

Evaluation of Resettin® on serum hormone levels in sedentary males

https://www.hairloss-research.org/astaxanthin-supplement-lowers-dht/

A Long-Term Study of the Safety and Efficacy of a Nutraceutical Supplement for Promoting Hair Growth in Perimenopausal, Menopausal, and Postmenopausal Women

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
If u get sides from finasteride dont even bother with it. I got permanent sides from it. Just trial topical RU58841 twice Daily with oral minoxidil. Have a good day sir.

Arthurandsam

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your return,

I'm already using topical treatments that work well on me by blocking DHT to bind to follicules but thanks for advice :)

I just wanted to add something to lower the DHT in my hair...

I would have liked to try the Dutasteride Xyon gel wich decrease less DHT in blood serum than topical finasteride but it is only sold in the USA or Canada...

Oral minoxidil give me cardiac arrythmia when I workout + little facial swelling even at 1mg/day :-( So I use it as topical, but perhaps I will try to add 0.75mg/day.

Last edited:

Kojakjr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw palmetto sounds good but doesn’t do much. I’ve tried saw palmetto capsules & topical saw Palmetto.

Arthurandsam

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok well I'm going to abandon my idea of taking this combo it doesn't look terrible... Thanks!

I will post another thread about my sides on finasteride to see if I can find a solution...

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok well I'm going to abandon my idea of taking this combo it doesn't look terrible... Thanks!

I will post another thread about my sides on finasteride to see if I can find a solution...
Ask yourself do you really need finasteride to maintain your hair?

Arthurandsam

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ask yourself do you really need finasteride to maintain your hair?
Well it seems with my actual combo it's OK...

Would you rather advise me to wait until I really need it if I have falls and not do it for prevention?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it seems with my actual combo it's OK...

Would you rather advise me to wait until I really need it if I have falls and not do it for prevention?
I sure would wait and see. No point to be on finasteride when you may not even need it and have side effects that could even become long term or permanent like in my case. Having sides just by using it topically x3 week like you tried is already a big red flag. Please drop the idea of using it, it aint worth it.

Arthurandsam

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok thank you for your opinion I will follow your recommendations :)