Has anyone been having a bad experience with MinoxidilMax' Essengen-5 lately?

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello people,

after 2.5 years on topical minoxidil, I started having some cardiovascular side-effects, including a few rather nasty ones, around January.
I've been using EssenGen-5 from MinoxidilMax.

My guess is that... well, it's just the way it is, my body has developed a negative reaction to that stuff, but it took a while.

But still, it is slightly strange that this has happened 2.5 years in. So there's an off-chance that MinoxidilMax has made some sort of compounding mistake lately and is serving people higher concentrations of minoxidil or something. So if anyone else here has been having such problems with MinoxidilMax' products lately, that would be very interesting to hear...

But as said, I'm not counting on it.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello people,

after 2.5 years on topical minoxidil, I started having some cardiovascular side-effects, including a few rather nasty ones, around January.

My guess is that... well, it's just the way it is, my body has developed a negative reaction to that stuff, but it took a while.

But still, it is slightly strange that this has happened 2.5 years in. So there's an off-chance that MinoxidilMax has made some sort of compounding mistake lately and is serving people higher concentrations of minoxidil or something. So if anyone else here has been having such problems with MinoxidilMax' products lately, that would be very interesting to hear...

Ur dieing.

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What makes you think it's the minoxidil. Did you test it by discontinuing the drug?

Yeah, after stopping, restarting, and stopping it again, I think it's very likely it's the minoxidil. The sides went away when I stopped.
Also, interestingly, when I briefly restarted it after a break, the sides came back with a vengeance and were worse than before. It was as though my body had adjusted away from the minoxidil, and it was a bit shocked when I reintroduced it.

Also, the cardiovascular phenomena I'm talking about were completely unlike anything I had ever had before. I had never had a hard, palpable heart-beat like this before. And they were unaffected by various other lifestyle changes, like eliminating caffeine consumption, or doing more cardio training.

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, I say it's "weird" to get those sides 2.5 years in, but I don't actually see why it's that weird. I'm not familiar with RCTs for topical minoxidil that lasted several years, so my experience doesn't seem implausible given the clinical data. Anecdotally, I've heard stories of people getting sides several years in.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
What Norwood are you btw?

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, after stopping, restarting, and stopping it again, I think it's very likely it's the minoxidil. The sides went away when I stopped.
Also, interestingly, when I briefly restarted it after a break, the sides came back with a vengeance and were worse than before. It was as though my body had adjusted away from the minoxidil, and it was a bit shocked when I reintroduced it.

Also, the cardiovascular phenomena I'm talking about were completely unlike anything I had ever had before. I had never had a hard, palpable heart-beat like this before. And they were unaffected by various other lifestyle changes, like eliminating caffeine consumption, or doing more cardio training.
Then yes.
But it would be interesting to try another company's minoxidil for comparison.

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know whether this is true or not, but I've heard that the reason aliens abduct people is to extract hair transplant grafts. They've exhausted their own donor areas millions of years ago, and are now scouring the galaxy for primitive races from which they can extract hair follicles.

Big if true.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know whether this is true or not, but I've heard that the reason aliens abduct people is to extract hair transplant grafts. They've exhausted their own donor areas millions of years ago, and are now scouring the galaxy for primitive races from which they can extract hair follicles.
Ah so that's why male pattern baldness exists!

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Certainly plausible. It would also explain why tin foil hats protect people: The aliens assume you're a hat prisoner, so probably don't have any hair that they could steal anyway.

HairGuard should look into this, and maybe they should start selling tin foil hats. Still a better hair loss theory than Blüdfløw.

bsmith

My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem is there's not much topical formula makers. Even in the United States, there's only a few, and they are very expensive.

bsmith

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello people,

There really isn't a lot out there, as far as topical solutions. A lot of the ones in the United States are moving out.