Has anyone become a father on this stuff?

uspatriot16

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. First and foremost, I would like to introduce myself being that this is my 1st post. I am 26 and thinning on the crown. Under tons of stress the last 5 months and that’s when I noticed the thinning the most.

My question, has anyone become a dad after taking Propecia for a while? I appreciate your input everyone!

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Propecia since 2002, two children sired since then while never skipping my daily.

uspatriot16

Reaction score
noticed your taking goat weed, is that due to loss of libido? if so, has the goat weed helped? what ,if any, sides do you have? thanks for your help as I am literally on my way to the dermatologist for the 1st time.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im very interested in this, as it is a major concern for people. i dont get why studies havent been done.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I started taking HGW whenever I have it listed in my regimen.

My sides I think are mostly based on my lifestyle. I get no exercise and work all the time, so when I get home I'm too tired to chase around my lady. HGW made the equipment respond more quickly and the length is improved too.

Sean68

Reaction score
klink said:
I started taking HGW whenever I have it listed in my regimen.

My sides I think are mostly based on my lifestyle. I get no exercise and work all the time, so when I get home I'm too tired to chase around my lady. HGW made the equipment respond more quickly and the length is improved too.

and it hasnt affected your results? im toying with the idea of HGW but
it concerns me that it works by increasing your t and dht levels or is this
not the case - does it work in another way altogether?

Pondle

Reaction score
uspatriot16 said:
One person responding out of all these views is not a good indicator :freaked:

This is pure speculation, but I think that most of the guys on the forum are single and/or childless, like me. Apparently Merck thought that the main market for Propecia would be younger guys, who by definition are more likely to be single. Notice how many threads there are on here worrying about dating, women etc etc. Happily married men intending on starting a family don't need to worry about all that stuff!

jc444

Established Member
Reaction score
I conceived a child after the 5 year mark on propecia (without taking a break). I now have a perfectly healthy, active and intelligent boy of 18 months. It is considered safe.

The only thing to be careful about is that your partner doesn't come into physical contact with the pill itself while pregnant, as apparently this can be harmful to the baby.

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
Will all the male offsprings have reasonably sized private parts as they hit puberty? I suppose in future that won't matter, but you don't want to risk it :-(

Pondle

Reaction score
Absolutely no worries at all...

4.6 Pregnancy and lactation

Use during pregnancy

'Propecia' is contra-indicated for use in women due to the risk in pregnancy.

Because of the ability of type II 5α-reductase inhibitors to inhibit conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in some tissues, these drugs, including finasteride, may cause abnormalities of the external genitalia of a male foetus when administered to a pregnant woman.

Exposure to finasteride: risk to male foetus

A small amount of finasteride, less than 0.001% of the 1 mg dose per ejaculation, has been detected in the seminal fluid of men taking 'Propecia'. Studies in Rhesus monkeys have indicated that this amount is unlikely to constitute a risk to the developing male foetus (see Section 5.3).

During continual collection of adverse experiences, post-marketing reports of exposure to finasteride during pregnancy via semen of men taking 1 mg or higher doses have been received for eight live male births, and one retrospectively-reported case concerned an infant with simple hypospadias. Causality cannot be assessed on the basis of this single retrospective report and hypospadias is a relatively common congenital anomaly with an incidence ranging from 0.8 to 8 per 1000 live male births. In addition, a further nine live male births occurred during clinical trials following exposure to finasteride via semen, during pregnancy, and no congenital anomalies have been reported.

Crushed or broken tablets of 'Propecia' should not be handled by women when they are or may potentially be pregnant because of the possibility of absorption of finasteride and the subsequent potential risk to a male foetus. 'Propecia' tablets are coated to prevent contact with the active ingredient during normal handling, provided that the tablets are not broken or crushed.

Use during lactation

'Propecia' is contraindicated for use in lactation.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Haha. My 18 month old's twig and berries are as big as other kids his age if not a little bigger since my son is 110th percentile for height.

I am a more of a horndog since I started taking HGW, I would point to that as having made a difference. I feel like I felt when I was in my late 20's. HGW is all natural as I recall.