Hans 'Success'

hans

Established Member
Reaction score
It's definitely hard to write in this part of the forum, although a lilttle more than a year ago i told myself i'd be thrilled to one day have my own post in the success section. :D

So I'm basically on my 15th month of propecia... and boy was it a roller coaster. I had 2 major sheds up to the 12th month mark and i thought i was gonna go bald for sure. Nevertheless, i stuck to it and i have to thank everyone for their wonderful advice. My hair now is definitely thicker all around, but at the same time, my slightly receded hairline receded a little bit more. But since my hair everywhere else is thicker, it made me happy to know that propecia is working for me and that i didnt just have a slightly receded hairline. From my hair getting thicker and fuller, I now realize i was thinning up top and i caught it early.

So, is it 100% success? Nope. Am I happy? To a good degree, yes, but as a human im a greedy bastard :D

Heres alittle something i wrote just a few months ago...
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hair transplant=#288856

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
That is great to hear.

I'm after motivation right now, so I'll ask you what I want to know. How long after you started did you get into your sheds? How long did you stick with it before the shed was over? Did your hair look very bad during these sheds? Did you introduce new products during your shed cycles?

I'm currently on my 5th month (of Propecia), I think I'm going through a shed cycle, I hope it will improve soon as it looks worse than when I started. Any words to give me hope?

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
Did your body hair decrease on Propecia? You should also try Rogaine foam.

hans

Established Member
Reaction score
person_123 said:
That is great to hear.

I'm after motivation right now, so I'll ask you what I want to know. How long after you started did you get into your sheds? How long did you stick with it before the shed was over? Did your hair look very bad during these sheds? Did you introduce new products during your shed cycles?

I'm currently on my 5th month (of Propecia), I think I'm going through a shed cycle, I hope it will improve soon as it looks worse than when I started. Any words to give me hope?

I started shedding on the 3rd month and it lasted for a good 2 or 3 months. The most major shed actually started around the 8th month and lasted for a good 4 months, up until my 1 year mark.

I've stuck with propecia from day 1 basically. Only missing a few times when i didnt have the pills with me.

My hair did look worse when it was shedding. It was pretty flat and flyaway.

I did try the kitched sink approach a couple time in the past yr and a half. But I ditched them pretty quickly cause it was just too much work for a miniscule chance of gain. Now i just stick to minoxidil, Propecia and reintroduced topical spironolactone just last month.

Word of advice.... as anyone on the success forum would tell you: have patience! Think about it, you're on the drug for a reason. You have only to gain and nothing to lose. :hairy:

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
So your hair never improved until 1 year after you started finasteride?

How did you ride out the bad sheds? Anything to stop people from noticing?

hans

Established Member
Reaction score
tembo said:
Did your body hair decrease on Propecia? You should also try Rogaine foam.

Yea my body hair does decrease on Propecia... especially my pubes :freaked:

hans

Established Member
Reaction score
person_123 said:
So your hair never improved until 1 year after you started finasteride?

How did you ride out the bad sheds? Anything to stop people from noticing?

Yea my hair pretty much is just starting to improve this past couple months. It wasn't easy riding out the sheds... i was losing faith in it when i was shedding still on my 11th month. Although my sheds could be pretty fierce at times, i dont think it was very noticeable to others at least.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures?

Thanks for giving me something to depend on. You started minoxidil earlier than you started finasteride didn't you?

hans

Established Member
Reaction score
person_123 said:
Do you have any pictures?

Thanks for giving me something to depend on. You started minoxidil earlier than you started finasteride didn't you?

Sorry I dont have pictures. Yes, I did start minoxidil before Propecia, and i saw peachfuzz grow only.

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
did you have more than normal body hair? did the body hair increased around the same time your hair started shedding? any effect on libido after getting on propecia? did propecia effected beard density too?

thanks

okami

Reaction score
I have the same questions like goata007.

I´m asian too. You are soon 27 and soon you will have a family right? *just jooking* Do you think the possibility to have children will be more difficult in the future after you have used finasterid? Because of the side effects I haven´t started.

The only a man from asian worries about it´s children. I love kids and I want to have healthy childrens.

Does anyone here "make" children under taking finasteride?

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you clarify please? In the UK 'Asian' means 'of Indian or Pakistani origin', but people from China, Japan, Vietmam, etc are called 'Oriental' so as to differentiate the two. The rest of the world calls both 'Asian'.

As far as I know there's a high chance that Propecia can lead to the formation of intersexed children and you'd be stupid to continue taking it when you're trying for a baby.

hans

Established Member
Reaction score
goata007 said:
did you have more than normal body hair? did the body hair increased around the same time your hair started shedding? any effect on libido after getting on propecia? did propecia effected beard density too?

thanks

I have always had very little body hair. I think my facial hair has definitely gotten more sparse. When i had my sheds, i didnt notice anything different with my body/facial hair. My libido has diminished a bit (which may be a good thing). I dont know if its me getting older but i think the propecia has contributed in making me a "calmer" person due to a more mellow libido :D