Halting finasteride for a couple days to regain libido. Worthwhile?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been on finasteride for about 2 months now. Like a lot of guys I've noticed a rather large decrease of sex drive. In a couple days I know I'm going to have lots of sex... and I want to enjoy it to the fullest... If I stop taking finasteride for maybe three days leading up to this, will my sex drive come back? I know you are aiming to keep a steady hormone level while taking finasteride, but this wouldn't wreck my progress, correct? What do you guys think?

Thanks

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you want to be very horny, dont jerk off for the week before hand. Then jerk off once the day before. Otherwise you wont last long. You should be good for 2-3 times the first day, 1-2 the 2nd. Maybe more, but you can count on at least that much.

That worked perfect for me and my last girlfriend, who due to job and distance could only meet up with me on weekends. I was walking around with a hard on after kissing her hello.

I wouldent worry too much about the finasteride, maybe take it at night after the last screw of the evenning just to be safe.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thinning said:
If you want to be very horny, dont jerk off for the week before hand.

"Before hand"?? That's a rather funny way to put it! :D

Bryan

mcpaulyb

Established Member
Reaction score
I say just don't smack it for like a few days before. Who cares if you bust in like two seconds the first time, at least you'll throw a big nut.

G

mcpaulyb said:
I say just don't smack it for like a few days before. Who cares if you bust in like two seconds the first time, at least you'll throw a big nut.

lol....

Try to smack it about three or four times a week. This will keep you nice and healthy and as horny as f***. I can't wait to see my girl coz I will blow er bleedin heed off!

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
start taking some L-arginine (2mgs per day) a couple of days before, then on that day take 2mgs in the morn and 1 mg in the evening. and while you're at it, break 4mgs up and mix it in a nice glass of O J for her.

G

jimmystanley said:
start taking some L-arginine (2mgs per day) a couple of days before, then on that day take 2mgs in the morn and 1 mg in the evening. and while you're at it, break 4mgs up and mix it in a nice glass of O J for her.

L-Arginine is a precursor to Nitric Oxide, Nitric Oxide is needed for erections, but how would it help a woman sexually?

I am not saying it does not help, but am curious as I have never heard of Nitric Oxide being of benifit (sexually) the women?

misterium

Reaction score
Only 2mg's L-Arginine daily?

I take one capsule, which is 500mg, daily...

WTF

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Re: Halting finasteride for a couple days to regain libido. Worthwhi

818 said:
Hey guys,

I've been on finasteride for about 2 months now. Like a lot of guys I've noticed a rather large decrease of sex drive.
Your body is adjusting to the new hormonal environment you're giving it. First libido goes up for awhile, then it goes bone dry for awhile (so to speak). Your body is over and undercompensating in an attempt to restore equilibrium hormonally. The worst thing you can do is kick it off kilter again by stopping finasteride for awhile. It will come back. Just not maybe in the next couple days.

Do what the guys suggest. Don't touch mister happy at all for as long of a period as you can before the event. Your body will naturally build up libido that way. I also suggest 1 or 2 tablets of the mega man vitamins for propecia libido issues. I only suggest taking them for a few days at a time prior to the event however. Unlike the bottle says, I don't agree that they're good for ongoing daily use. They're too strong. If u want a multivitamin, just take a centrum.

HairLossTalk.com

G

Re: Halting finasteride for a couple days to regain libido. Worthwhi

HairlossTalk said:
They're too strong. If u want a multivitamin, just take a centrum.

HairLossTalk.com

I would have to disagree with ya there mr Talk.

In my humble opinion a multi-vitamin like centrum (I am pressuming these are the same brand as centrum in the UK, the one with a rainbow stripe on white bottle? ) are next to useless.

Vitamin C 60 mg!!!! do you know why 60mg is set as a RDA for many countries? 60mg is not a thereputical dose, it is the amount required to prevent scurvey, all the known benifits of Vitamin C start at doses much higher than that.

Vitamin E at 30 IU is barely enough to offset the free radicals produced by the Vitiamin C, 400 - 1000 IU is a more reasonable dose, and the kind of E in most of these multis tend to be non-succinate (correct me here if I am wrong as I don't know Centrums E content)

I could bore you to death by going through all the contents, but suffice to say I feel these 'supermarket suppliments' are really very poor in what they contribute to one's health.

misterium

Reaction score
Hey, what's wrong with Centrum? Been taking them for years.. they seem to help me feel better overall as compared to not taking them.

Any better suggestions?

I'm not a scientist or a pharmacist so I don't know all these things like you do, about dosage.. I'm a standard consumer.

What should I get instead? I just want the best bang for my buck in any supplement/vitamin/mineral/essentials

drinkrum

Reaction score
I use OneSource Complete vitamins from Wal-Mart. They are a mere fraction of the price of GNC's product and they contain a lot more useful stuff than Centrum. Check it out.

I would also keep taking finasteride. Your libido is not gonna skyrocket after quitting the drug for just a couple of days. It will take time (a week or two, I'd say) for the DHT, T, and E2 levels to return to normal. And then only would you see a noticeable difference in libido. Plus as already mentioned, you don't want to seesaw your hormones and confuse your brain.

D.

G

IwantMyhair said:
I just want the best bang for my buck in any supplement/vitamin/mineral/essentials

well you can take your pick from everything from top-of-the-line LifeFoundation vitamin combinations that addresses all the latest cutting edge scientific research, down to the confectionary that passes as vitamin supplimentaion avaliable in your local supermarket (Mr Fruity's Great Blackcurrent Flavour Health tablets)

Much like hairloss issues to get the 'best bang for your buck' needs a little research, there is no one simple answer for everyone, if that were true of hairloss products there would be no need for this site, a simple search on google for "what shall I use to cure my hairloss" would turn up the best bang for your buck hair tonic.

Axon

Reaction score
I also recommend the natural approach. Try to limit yourself to 3 times a week or less - don't beat it every day.

I get hard ons just looking at women when I do that, like I'm f*****g 13 again.