Hairpiece and transplanted hair, together

eak185

Reaction score
About a year ago, I visited a local "hair transplant" clinic. Since 1984, I've had about 10 procedures, and it really took the toll on the donor area.....as the 1st 5-6 were the "old" style of plug removal. It's not totally natural, but it's not bad. They told me I had no donor area left.

The problem is, as the years go by, the crown area of my head has most all of the hair gone (with the exception of a few "whisps" where I had them put micrografts to make it look more natural...which it did for a while....but now it looks pretty bad.

I was attempting to get some sort of hairpiece system to go on the crown area of my head, to make up for the "hair in the front, none in the back" situation. My initial attempt at this was pretty bad. The hairpiece was so THICK that there was just no "transition" from my real hair to the hairpiece. The company told me that they don't get any thinner....but the hairpiece has more hair on it than I had at age 15!

Is there a hairpiece made that has a "thinning" look? According to my hairpiece guy, NO, but I've seen people on TV that have what I'd want.

Do you have a solution for me, or can you recommend a company who can do this for me. I can e-mail you pictures if you'd like.

Thanks,
Eddie Kearns