HairMagic ingredients--If you are interested.

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
Below is a cut and paste from Hairsite 4. Looks like vitamin cocktail to me. Any one who has insight into these ingredients speak up please.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#12628, "HairMagic ingredients and analysis- for anyone interest..."
Sat Jun-25-05 08:04 PM by Tyler Durden

(To preface this: I'm posting this to inform ONLY, I'm not advocating anyone buy it or not buy it. That being clear: )

Consists of two bottles, of capsules/tablets, labeled "Formula A" and "Formula B".

Formula A's dosage: one tablet alternating with two tabs every day, e.g. 1 tab on Monday, 2 tabs Tuesday, 1 tab Wednesday etc
Formula B's dosage: one tablet per day

Formula A ingredients:
Biotin 1000 IU (333% daily value)
Proprietary Blend of the following (535 mg)
Saw Palmetto, L-Arginine, L-Ornithine, L-Glutamine, L-Tyrosine, L-Methionone(sic), Bioprine, Tribulus, Ginsing(sic), Ashwaganda, Protein (Egg Shell)

Formula B ingredients:
Vitamin A (100% as Beta Carotene) 5000 IU 100% DV
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 90 mg 150% DV
Vitamin D (as Calciferol) 400 IU 100% DV
Vitamin E (as Natural d-alpha tocopherol) 30 IU 100% DV
Thiamine (as Thiamine HCL) (Vitamin B-1) 1.5mg 100% DV
Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 1.7mg 100% DV
Niacin (as niacinamide) 20mg 100% DV
Folic Acid 3mg 150% DV
Vitamin B-12 (Cyanocobalamin) 400mcg 100%
Biotin 9mcg 150%
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5) 10 mg 100%
Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Phosphate) 100mg 10%
Iron (as Ferrochel Bisglycinate) 9 mg 50%
Iodine (from Kelp) 150mcg 150%
Magnesium (from Magnesium Oxide) 60 mg 15%
Zinc (as amino acid chelate) 15mg 100%
Selenium (as amino acid chelate) 70 mcg 100%
Copper (as amino acid chelate) 1mg 50%
Manganese (as amino acid chelate) 2mg 100%
Chromium (as Chelavite chelate) 120mcg 100%
Molybenum(sic) (as amino acid chelate) 50mcg 65%
Potassium (as a potassium chloride) 50mcg 1%
Choline (as choline bitartrate) 10mg *
Inositol 10mg *
PABA 10mg *
Boron (as amino acid chelate) 500mcg *
Vanadium (as amino acid chelate) 50mcg *
Panax Ginseng (5% gensenosides) 100mg
* No daily value established

Observations of interest...
(Googling some of the Formula A ingredients here):
1. Bioprine: it's a weight loss aid, helps burn fat. Interestingly it also is reported to "more than double a nutrient's rate of absorption" ( http://www.anphealthcenter.com/MultiSystem.html ), which IMO is the probable reason it's included as this could potentially enhance the other ingredients.

2. Tribulus: (quoting from http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/trib.html ,which has some very good information on it):
"Tribulus terrestris is a plant that grows in many tropical and moderate areas of the world. Many different cultures have used it for a number of conditions. For example, the Greeks used Tribulus terrestris as a diuretic and a mood-enhancer. Indians used it as a diuretic, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory. The Chinese used it for a variety of liver, kidney, and cardiovascular diseases. The people of Bulgaria used Tribulus terrestris as a sex enhancer and to treat infertility. Recently, eastern European athletes and strength champions have used it as well. High quality, nutrient rich Tribulus terrestris is available from Bodybuilding.com.

What does it do and what scientific studies give evidence to support this?
Tribulus terrestris is a testosterone enhancer. Studies show that it works very well when stacked with DHEA and androstenedione. It increased testosterone levels in a different way, however, than either DHEA or andro do. Instead of being a testosterone precursor, it leads to the production of the luteinizing hormone (LH). When LH levels are increased, the natural production of testosterone also increases. LH is a hormone that also deals with sex drive. Now one can understand why it has been used to increase fertility and help with impotence. Laboratory animal studies found that Tribulus terrestris increased sperm count as well as motility levels after taking it for 30 days.

Who needs it and what are some symptoms of deficiency?
This is a good supplement for men and women to increase their sex drive. According to Bill Phillips, editor of Muscle Media, "...Tribulus terrestris can significantly "lift" performance in the bedroom." Anyone who wants to increase muscle growth (bodybuilders, athletes, etc.) would be wise to try stacking Tribulus terrestris with DHEA and andro. Since Tribulus terrestris is not an essential nutrient, it is not associated with deficiency."

3. Ashwaganda (quoting from http://www.raysahelian.com/ashwagandha.html ):
"Ashwagandha is a shrub cultivated in India and North America whose roots have been used for thousands of years by Ayurvedic practitioners. Ashwagandha root contains flavonoids and many active ingredients of the withanolide class. Several studies over the past few years have looked into whether ashwagandha has anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor, anti-stress, antioxidant, mind-boosting, immune-enhancing, and rejuvenating properties (see studies at bottom of page). Historically ashwagandha root has also been noted to have sex-enhancing properties"

...and further down the page, something rather interesting-
"Induction of nitric oxide synthase expression by Withania somnifera in macrophages.
Iuvone T, Esposito G, Life Sci. 2003 Feb 21;72(14):1617-25.
Withania somnifera (ashwagandha, Indian ginseng) is an immunostimulant herbal medicine used to improve overall health and prevent diseases, particularly in the elderly. However, the mechanisms underlying its immunostimulant effect is poorly understood. To elucidate the mechanism of Withania somnifera, we investigated the effect of a methanolic extract from the root of Ashwagandha on nitric oxide (NO) production in J774 macrophages. We found that ashwagandha produced a significant and concentration-dependent increase in NO production. Moreover, western blot analysis showed that Ashwagandha increased, in a concentration-dependent fashion, inducible NOS protein expression. These results demonstrate that ashwagandha may induce the synthesis of inducible NOS expression likely by acting at transcriptional level. The increased NO production by macrophages could account, at least in part, for the immunostimulant properties of ashwagandha."

Apparently research findings indicate Ashwaganda increases nitric oxide production, which according to hairloss data currently available (Dr. Proctor's site has mucho information on this), *should* help our cause, in theory.

4. The amino acids listed
L-Arginine = this one has gotten a lot of press as a circulation enhancer/nitric oxide booster/good for wound healing and more, too much to justifiably get into here
L-Ornithine = growth hormone-releasing amino acid, also enhances arginine somewhat
L-Glutamine = promotes growth hormone release, builds muscle
L-Tyrosine = anti-stress, helps atheletes recovery from strenuous exercise
L-Methionone(sic) (I believe "methionine" is what was intended here) = counter-depressant, strengthens hair, skin and nails, helps chelate heavy metals out of the body

5. The ingredients of Formula A seem to be especially favored by weightlifters and those seeking to enhance hormonal and sexual function. They're basically anti-inflammatory, anti-tension, pro-circulatory and energy, herbs and aminos. Could Formula A (esp. the possible sexual performance enhancement properties) also be a component of the other Gulf product "Lovemagic"? It's also very rich in Biotin, which has a well documented correlation with hair health and possibly inhibits growth of fungus ( http://www.fungusfocus.com/html/biotin.htm ).

6. The Formula B seems to be basically a chelated multimineral/vitamin. In this sense, chelated means the minerals are combined or 'paired' with amino acids so the body readily absorbs them, thinking they're food. "HanginInThere"'s regimen consists of mineral supps (correct me if i'm wrong) and other internals and as his recent pics show, he's actually doing quite well. So although this all looks very, very doubtful I wouldn't 100% rule it out.

Once again, I am NOT advocating the product, just reporting the ingredients as listed, as an FYI for possible debate.

cruiser

Established Member
Reaction score
why would you say this looks "very very doughtful" it looks like they have a ton of good ingedients. a lot of their ingredients have been talked about on hairloss sites for years but it would be dam near impossible for a person to combine all these themsevles. atleast its not some fake ingredient. if they will offer a $ back guarantee it shure could'nt hurt. infact i dont see how it could'nt help if those ARE infact the ingedients. i guess the question would be how much it would help for the monthly cost. is this product on the market yet?

Petchsky

Reaction score
It won't regrow hair. It's essentially just vits and mins. Like taking a Centrium tablet only with the vits and mins that help grow healthy hair. It does nothing about DHT which as you all should know is the main culprit of male pattern baldness.

Not seen their website but i doubt it will tell you that.

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
cruiser said:
why would you say this looks "very very doughtful" it looks like they have a ton of good ingedients. a lot of their ingredients have been talked about on hairloss sites for years but it would be dam near impossible for a person to combine all these themsevles. atleast its not some fake ingredient. if they will offer a $ back guarantee it shure could'nt hurt. infact i dont see how it could'nt help if those ARE infact the ingedients. i guess the question would be how much it would help for the monthly cost. is this product on the market yet?

Like Petchsky said, it looks like supercharged over the counter vitamins to me. Now it might help, but I still think it is doubtful because as he also said it does not address what is the accepted scientific reason for male pattern baldness, as far as I can see.

So no new growth should be expected, but you could have a nice result for your exisiting hair. Then again you could do that with over the counter vitamins as well.

Bryan Shelton called the CEO or whatever his title is, and was told that tentatively it would run 65 USD for a one month supply and should be available soon.

As for me, I think I will keep investing my money where I am getting results.

Later

P.S. I might invest in the "Love Magic" however :)

willywonka

Established Member
Reaction score
"So no new growth should be expected, but you could have a nice result for your exisiting hair. Then again you could do that with over the counter vitamins as well."

very very true

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
It basically looks like one of those Vitamins For Hair products you'll see in vitamin catalogs.