HairLossTalk.com interviews Dr. Bobby Limmer

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
A new article has been posted to the HairlossTalk News Center.

Visit: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter

And click the top listed article in the center, entitled:
"Interview with Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. B. Limmer"

Or use this URL to go directly to the article:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/ ... le&sid=181

HairlossTalk has interviewed one of the most highly esteemed Hair Transplant Surgeons in the world, Dr. Bobby Limmer. In light of the upcoming 10th Annual ISHRS conference, we thought it was a great time to get his thoughts on the conference, and some other current issues.

Topics Covered in the Interview:

* The History of the ISHRS and the upcoming Conference
* New Research being announced at the Conference
* Overview of Follicular Unit Transplantation
* Dr. Limmer's opinion on FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction)
* Dr. Limmer's thoughts on Dr. Woods and Dr. Gho's techniques
* Opinions on disclosure and ethics in the Hair Restoration Profession

This discussion was 99% Dr. Limmer and about 1% HairlossTalk. We sat quietly as the head honcho spoke his mind and wound his way from topic to topic. :)

We would like to thank Dr. Limmer for taking the time to do this interview. Please make sure you are subscribed to the Monthly Newsletter and Instant Updates. You can manage your subscriptions from: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/members

HairLossTalk.com Administration

Andy_G

Reaction score
Thanks for the article Kevin. It's always very interesting to know the opinion of someone like Dr. Limmer.

I personally think that Dr. Limmer isn't really honest about the work of Dr. Gho & Woods. If you look at the pictures on Gho's website, you'll see that there's a huge difference in appearance of the donor area. With Gho's method you won't notice a thing, with the traditional transplant you get a clearly visible scar.

I feel like he's afraid of the new techniques. I just asked that question in another thread by the way.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Andy - you may be right. I am glad you're able to differentiate Dr. Limmer's personal opinions from those who report them (us). Unfortunately, Farrel is taking this opportunity to try and tell people that HairlossTalk forced Dr. Limmer to say what he said. Amazing the levels he will stoop to. Its unfortunate he is so hellbent on smear tactics.

In any case, Dr. Limmer was very transparent about his feelings on the topic, you're correct. Not everyone will agree with him. Regarding Woods, I believe his comments were accurate because they focused around a lack of disclosure and ethics, not around a problem with the technique, and this problem with disclosure and ethics is something many reputable physicians have stated regarding Woods. In fact all Limmer said about woods, basically, was "Show us what you have". Many echoe that sentiment. If woods has a new technique, he is obligated to disclose it to the medical community.

HairLossTalk.com

MickeyD

Reaction score
Woods-opinion-Rebutal to Dr.Limmers statements on Woods tech

I have recently returned from Dr.Woods seminar in N.Y.C Saturday Oct.19th.I would just like to say that this procedure is the real deal.I witnessed several of his patients and the results were great.Here is what I think people ( strip doctors) have a real problem with Woods is.Him not revealing his tool to take out the Fu grafts.And that seems to start all the speculation that his technique won't work.(huh?)He showed what a typical strip procedure was like and I could not beleive the trama to the back of the head this does.What the doctors do not tell you is that yeah they will be a scar pencil thin if your lucky first time around that it has the potential to stretch the more procedures you have.I don't know what Dr.limmer is talking about the donor site after Woods procedure looking like bb's shots that is definately not what I witnessed and I witnessed someone who had 4200 grafts taken out.He also showed the very high potential of transection rate every time the knife passes over the donor site no matter how skilled the surgeon is.It is unavoidable.Now Dr.Woods did not show us the tool that he uses to cut the grafts out but he did show how he takes them out under very high powered magnification.And let me tell you very clean.I seen no damage to the surrounding follicular units at all.So having Limmer post about a procedure he really hasn't veiwed and saw first hand results it sounds alot like sour grapes to me.I like many other former strip patients am glad that there is other alternatives.Let the doctors fight it out about who is ethical for not publishing in peer journals or not.In my opinion as a patient and consumer I feel it is unethical not for the doctors to let us know about the potential high donor scar results.Maybe they can show potential patients a typical strip procedure before they sign there legal disclaimer.I just thought it was time to state the truth and let the people make up there own minds.This is AMERICA and we do have choices.Peace