My Regimen
Reaction score
damn I'm class 2 skeletal.
gotta love this theory

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
2nd question to ask for this theory:

Why would DHT inhibitors fix this dental issue?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
blood flow clear out dht? hahaa
I dream sometimes: we can't find a cure to male pattern baldness, maybe because we go too far with research, too many variables? the solution could be that easy :woot:
Well.. Ok back to reality ...

Oh Yea?

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that's a great article...I'm without a doubt a 2 skelital or whatever and a norwood 6..I haven't posted in a few years after I tried the dermarolling and getting on finasteride..this may be a more of a preventive measure... Way better than castration for sure...I beleive it could have validity..my brother has a full head of hair even after anabolics and his jaw line is the class 1..its definitely something I would consider having my boy do before he's 8...if 50 bucks could of saved you what you lost wouldn't you... But it doesn't quite explain how transplanted hair grows healthy..but def. A good hypothesis

Mikazz

Established Member
Reaction score
Blood flow is good at giving oxygen, and i'ts known that in a low O2 environement, exponentially more DHT is produced. Even in people without Male Pattern Baldness, hair follicles can deteriorate from DHT, the difference is that we most probably produce more DHT.

Oh Yea?

Established Member
Reaction score
It would be awesome if it were something this simple..or something that could be corrected

kirklandism

Reaction score
Blood flow is good at giving oxygen, and i'ts known that in a low O2 environement, exponentially more DHT is produced. Even in people without Male Pattern Baldness, hair follicles can deteriorate from DHT, the difference is that we most probably produce more DHT.

So would that mean that if you increase blood flow, you could decrease DHT? Wouldn't that be just like taking finasteride?

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
So would that mean that if you increase blood flow, you could decrease DHT? Wouldn't that be just like taking finasteride?

No and the original statement isn't true either, most men with male pattern baldness have no more DHT than the average man, there receptors are just more sensitive to it.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
blood flow clear out dht? hahaa
I dream sometimes: we can't find a cure to male pattern baldness, maybe because we go too far with research, too many variables? the solution could be that easy :woot:
Well.. Ok back to reality ...

Some things are not "easy";

[video]https://youtu.be/tXjv2PfRJ3s?t=6m12s[/video]

watch that for 2 minutes.

As you can imagine, we still have so much to learn :).

Mikazz

Established Member
Reaction score
No and the original statement isn't true either, most men with male pattern baldness have no more DHT than the average man, there receptors are just more sensitive to it.

Receptors being more sensible is a symptom, not a cause. Hair loss is multi-factorial, if it was that simple they would most probably have found the gene that every balding men has that make them lose hairs. It is caused by a variety of genes and environment factors that are not the same for everyone. DHT just tend to be the common denominator, where every pathway leads, most of the time.

If you suffer from baldness, especially at a young age, you are more susceptible to get diabetic, suffering from heart diseases and getting prostate cancer, it's been correlated. They are part of the same group of genes and environmental factors that causes hair loss, this is all related to healthy blood flow, DHT, oxidative stress and more.

afferd

Reaction score
I'm going to try holding my jaw in for a full day and see what that does for my hair - lol.

Last edited:

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
I have always had an underbite which was naturally compensated by my lower teeth slightly "fanning out" and going forward until some sham orthodontist screwed his treatment, needing me to have orthognatic surgery to correct it. Although my lower jaw was moved slightly forward by sawing it in half and letting the bone grow back, I'd technically still have an underbite if it weren't for that as the condyle hasn't been touched. Funny thing? I started the balding process right after my operation (helped by some telogen effluvium, most likely) - I was almost 30 by then. I still think the guy's theory is garbage, though.

Why would native hairs fall out and not transplanted hairs? Don't transplanted hairs need blood to grow back once they're shed? And where's his statistical evidence showing the correlation between skeletal occlusion and baldness? That's right, the guy poo-pooed statistics in favor of good old conjecture.

Can't believe this piece of $hit advises people to get x-rays for their children just for that. In French, there's a saying "menteur comme un arracheur de dents" (literally: to lie like a teeth puller aka dentist, i.e. to lie through one's teeth). Seriously, fvck dentists, there's a reason they're not doctors.

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you are describing an overbite, if they wanted to correct it by moving your lower jaw forward, right? Apart from that it is probably a bull**** theory.

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah you're right, I meant overbite.

In any case, from what I've gathered over the years from reading and talking with various other patients, screwing with an otherwise healthy temporomandibular joint runs a risk of causing pain and premature wear. To suggest fiddling about with it in the hopes of preventing baldness is irresponsible coming from a professional.