Hairline Slowly Growing Back After Seborrheic Dermatitis

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped shedding way before my hair started growing back!

yeah I'd say I was using it twice a week, sometimes just once

Something that I didn't mention because I didn't think it was that important, is that I been taking high doses of vitamin d3 & k2 for 1 year and a half now. Been using 10,000 iu D3 and 600 mcg of k2 mk7. I don't take these vitamins for my hair though

Well then I’ll expect my shedding to slow down a lot in the next 30 days because I’m already a month in. If not I guess I can assume im not as good a responder to treatment.

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honest opinion is, you do have some form of thinning (aka male pattern baldness), but it's not aggressive. Your thinning is similar to mine and yes I also had Seborrheic Dermatitis. I also got inflammation and sometimes pimples on my head. Although using Regenpure DR shampoo at first, it did help, I still felt some inflammation. I think for me it's mostly hormonal. Ever since Finasteride, it's pretty much went away and I don't use Regenpure DR anymore.

I also did not wash my hair everyday due to every damn article saying that it's better for hair. But I'm oily type and I listened to my scalp and wash my hair with sulfate free shampoo and conditioner pretty much everyday now. I make up washing my hair by using leave in conditioner and it has worked wonders to keep my hair from frizzy/brittle and dryness.

Hair is way healthier now. For me it's a combination of MBP + Seborrheic Dermatitis causing some telogen effluvium. Alot of my inflammation is hormonal. I also do not get pimples on my face/back anymore. I used to get it all the time. Just sharing my experience. Listen to your scalp/body.

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honest opinion is, you do have some form of thinning (aka male pattern baldness), but it's not aggressive. Your thinning is similar to mine and yes I also had Seborrheic Dermatitis. I also got inflammation and sometimes pimples on my head. Although using Regenpure DR shampoo at first, it did help, I still felt some inflammation. I think for me it's mostly hormonal. Ever since Finasteride, it's pretty much went away and I don't use Regenpure DR anymore.

I also did not wash my hair everyday due to every damn article saying that it's better for hair. But I'm oily type and I listened to my scalp and wash my hair with sulfate free shampoo and conditioner pretty much everyday now. I make up washing my hair by using leave in conditioner and it has worked wonders to keep my hair from frizzy/brittle and dryness.

Hair is way healthier now. For me it's a combination of MBP + Seborrheic Dermatitis causing some telogen effluvium. Alot of my inflammation is hormonal. I also do not get pimples on my face/back anymore. I used to get it all the time. Just sharing my experience. Listen to your scalp/body.
I don't know mate, I'd say I've recovered most of my density now, and my hair still growing back (without any hair loss medication)

I only posted pics of my hairline because that is what I was the most concerned about, but I had bald patches near my ears, etc. It was diffuse (literally everywhere) but mostly on the hairline because that is where I was playing with argan oil the most

It's also worth noting that it's not the first time this happened to me. I had hiar loss & hair thinning due to psoriasis 10 years ago, and my hair fully recovered within 2 years

Last edited:

Corey89

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to see a dermatologist next month. But in the meantime..

I had scalp psoriasis. Chronic stress. That is all gone now. I haven't had flakiness or dandruff for weeks. Yet I still experience, in my opinion, chronic shedding - a few dozen strands a day for sure that I'm aware of. I've been using Clobex shampoo regularly lately, Nizoral on and off once or twice a week. I will otherwise use Hugo's Natural Balancing shampoo in the morning; I have to shampoo because after exercising my hair kind of looks like sh*t if I don't. Both the doctor and my hair stylist have said that my scalp looks healthy and not inflamed (red), or flaky. But the shedding continues to happen. The shedding wasn't a thing at first when I was diagnosed but now it is and won't seem to stop.

I really hope it does stop. I don't know if it is a side effect of the chronic stress I experienced a couple months ago, or something worse.

I am a very healthy individual otherwise: tip-top diet, supplemented properly, mentally and physically sound, well hydrated, I even try natural DHT blockers to cover my *** which may or may not be doing anything - 10ml pumpkin seed oil, 10ml flax oil, omega3 fish oil, 5000mcg Biotin, 15 minutes of inversion, dermarolling once a week, 10mg quality collagen peptides nightly, and far infrared sauna 3-4 times a week triggering HSP and blood flow and circulation throughout my body including my scalp which I think is far superior to scalp massaging.

Beyond this, I have nothing left to try until the dermatologist hits me with the best news I may ever receive, or the worst news of my life.

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to see a dermatologist next month. But in the meantime..

I had scalp psoriasis. Chronic stress. That is all gone now. I haven't had flakiness or dandruff for weeks. Yet I still experience, in my opinion, chronic shedding - a few dozen strands a day for sure that I'm aware of. I've been using Clobex shampoo regularly lately, Nizoral on and off once or twice a week. I will otherwise use Hugo's Natural Balancing shampoo in the morning; I have to shampoo because after exercising my hair kind of looks like sh*t if I don't. Both the doctor and my hair stylist have said that my scalp looks healthy and not inflamed (red), or flaky. But the shedding continues to happen. The shedding wasn't a thing at first when I was diagnosed but now it is and won't seem to stop.

I really hope it does stop. I don't know if it is a side effect of the chronic stress I experienced a couple months ago, or something worse.

I am a very healthy individual otherwise: tip-top diet, supplemented properly, mentally and physically sound, well hydrated, I even try natural DHT blockers to cover my *** which may or may not be doing anything - 10ml pumpkin seed oil, 10ml flax oil, omega3 fish oil, 5000mcg Biotin, 15 minutes of inversion, dermarolling once a week, 10mg quality collagen peptides nightly, and far infrared sauna 3-4 times a week triggering HSP and blood flow and circulation throughout my body including my scalp which I think is far superior to scalp massaging.

Beyond this, I have nothing left to try until the dermatologist hits me with the best news I may ever receive, or the worst news of my life.

Keeping your scalp healthy,reduce stress mostly addresses telogen effluvium. People go through this normally in their lives where sometimes their hair is thicker/thinner count wise. Think Chemo patients where all their hair falls off but grows back normally. A few dozen strands a day is normal.

You should post pictures but if your hair is growing back thinner and thinner individually then it's male pattern baldness.

Ephemeral-Kitten

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe the reason for OPs success was primarily because betamethasone is a corticosteroid which, like dexamethasone, highly increases local aromatase enzyme levels thus altering the paracrine environment from androgenic to estrogenic by synthesizing estrogens from androgens in situ. If the T at the follicles converts into estradiol it won't bind to the receptor or to 5AR and therefore local DHT levels will decrease. Estradiol itself downregulates androgen receptor mRNA and the reduction in DHT will lead to a further increase in aromatase because DHT is an aromatase inhibitor.

https://academic.oup.com/biolreprod/article-pdf/60/4/814/10587351/biolreprod0814.pdf

"Aromatase mRNA was detected in the fetal villi of the placentomes. There was a significant increase in concentration by 14 h after the administration of betamethasone to the fetus. The aromatase mRNA level then remained high until labor"

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but regular treatment with corticosteroids can lead to thinning of the skin and TSW (topical steroid withdrawal). I don't advise it.
This is true. In my case, it's worth to say I been using corticosteroids for 20+ years to deal with my psoriasis. I guess my body kinda got used to it.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but regular treatment with corticosteroids can lead to thinning of the skin and TSW (topical steroid withdrawal). I don't advise it.

could be best in some cases to just use pure Aloe Vera I have found. I mean 50% aloe diluted with water. It does remove inflammation, draws in water as a humectant to improve transdermal water loss, it is somewhat astringent and absorbs extra sebum for people with acne. It has been shown to improve healing. Might not even be a bad idea to mix it with some minoxidil. Studies have shown that it really passes through the skin well in order to provide a healing affect. Should patch test first but most people aren’t allergic because it’s natural so you could use it a lot. I seen one study proved is as affective as hydrocortisone at 8 weeks.

TitsWillSag

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you have scalp pain, itching and sensitivity when your scalp was inflammed ?

my scalp is inflammed and i just can’t fix it. Its painful and itchy. This has caused me to lose alot of hair and i need help.

Btw, How much hair do you think that you lost because of this inflammation ? And did it all grow back ?

Last edited:

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I never used to suffer from scalp inflammation. But after using dutasteride for a few months, perhaps along with topicals, my scalp became very sensitive and now I suffer what feels like the male pattern baldness itch. But it seems to be set off by shampoos, certain foods and face creams. I don't know whether it's dermatitis. I certainly don't get any flaking and only occasionally do I get an itchy bump in the itchy area.

Had it 3 years now, and when I get the itch I can always expect hair thinning fairly quick.

Last edited:

Stylistic

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know for sure that seborrheic dermatitis is result of vitamin B6 deficiency according to study

jimtmcdaniels

My Regimen
Reaction score
definitely looks like regrowth to me, grats.

not to hijack your thread, but i just want to get your quick opinion on whether this is seb derm as well:

i get red spots and inflammation (sometimes itchy, sometimes not) all over the front and top of my scalp and pretty bad flaking, which gets way worse in the winter. i am losing hair equally across my entire scalp, including the sides and back and i suspect this might be the culprit.

thanks.
So you have itching and/or flaking/dandruff on your head or even in your eye lashes?
A possible connection with your hair loss might be the Demodex mites:

Because from all I've read and what I'm trying for myself is:
These mites are microscopic and considered part of our body's natural flora to have on our bodies (mostly face and head and hair) and they are very difficult to kill. They can NOT be seen with our eyes and are difficult to see under microscope. Dandruff can be considered evidence of an over infestation.
Interestingly, these mites are Not always found on our youthful healthy head full of hair human-bodies Till after our teen years they start to show up, according to what I've read. We acquire these mites from other people.

They are related to bed bugs and spiders and even the mites which cause extreme dog mange/hair fur loss. They have claws and mouths which bite. They eat our skin sebum and more(they aren't for sure).
Their population and prevalence on us people increases as we age and are found on virtually everyone who reaches age 70.
These mites have a tendency to over populate in our hair follicles and pores and can possibly cause damage. From clogged pores, enlarged pores and eye lash hair loss.
They are related to or can cause skin rosacea and eye lash blepharitis, etc. when they over populate.
In those instances, dermatologist are more and more now recommending killing them/reducing their numbers with proven tea tree oil treatments.
Scientists are still arguing and are unsure if they are friends or foe to our bodies or some kind of combination. They just don't know, they are so damn small and hard to track.
Of course there are so many organisms which support our bodies health. Yet there are others which damage us.
Also the mite's actions on each of us might be unique to different unknowns and how our body deals with them.

SO you might buy some natural tea tree oil (one of the very few things which can kill these mites, if used consistently over time in a high enough concentration 25-50%). It is an essential oil with some very unique properties.
Mix the tea tree oil with an equal amount of a skin safe oil as a carrier, such as almond or olive or avocado or coconut oil, etc.
This gives a 50% mixture because full strength tea tree oil is too strong for our skin and unnecessary and the oil helps prolong the tea tree's effect before it dries and soaks into our skin.
BTW tea tree oil is considered good for our hair and is found in a good number of hair shampoos products etc and has a minty smell.
YET these are generally over priced for what little tea tree oil they contain and probably aren't concentrated enough to kill the mites.
Shampoo is washed off, etc..So not what we want here...

Apply the mixture each night when you go to sleep (because the mites prefer to come out of hiding from our hair follicles and pores in the darkness while we sleep.
When they need to mate/breed and are most susceptible then. Apply the mixture to your scalp and also ideally your face, eyebrows, forehead, beard and back of neck.
If you accidentally get some in your eyes, then try to keep your eyes closed.
Because it will stink your eyes much less till the sting goes away.
While you are sleeping your eyes are closed anyway.
The first couple of weeks you might experience more dandruff as some of the mites, who weren't in deep enough hiding, comes out to the surface to die along with debris from your pores as some move out.
When you wake up in the morning, brush your hair out some.
I'd continue this regiment nightly for 2 months. At this point you probably have removed as many mites as possible and should discontinue this regiment.
If you see some kind of good results then consider repeating this regiment annually to keep an over population at bay.