Hairline and Propecia

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
Can't complain over all doing well on 14 months of treatment. Only thing went from a NW1 to a NW2.25 after 14 months of treatment. Was just wondering how effective Propecia will be on the hair line further down the road.

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
impressive :shock: ...no complains...jeffsss and his likes (i guess even me) can stand to learn something from u.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
Went from a 2 to a 3 in about 20 days. And it's getting worse. Just personal experience.

Britannia

Reaction score
Uni Student said:
I'm about the same....seriousely thinking of going off it...

Dont do this. Its normal to lose hair during the first 12 months of treatment. Any hair lost during this time is usually recovered providing Propecia use continues.

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
Went from a NW1 to a NW2.25 after 14 months of treatment :( Still having the greatest amount of loss on the hairline area.

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL :lol: Hey there brother. The last time I saw my Derm Doctor I had a NW2. After having a very nice shed last DEC I am on my way to a NW3 now. Just hope I can get some re-growth going here. This is my 2nd year on Propecia. I am going to give it more time, if I stop now I will lose what I have.

Cheers

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
Would the shed hairs grow back after finasteride was discontinued? Especially the hairline and temples. I've built up about 6 months on finasteride and I'm probably stopping due to sides. Am I going to be worse off than when I started?????

Leirro30

Reaction score
I've been taking Propecia (1 tablet per day as recommended) for 14 months, and it has held me steady for the most part. But, I do think my hairline and in particular my temples, is still receding and thinning, but very slowly.

I stopped minoxidil to get on finasteride, due to bad sides with minoxidil. I've tolerated Propecia well, zero sides to speak of. And I do think Propecia works and am glad I'm taking it, but I responded much better to minoxidil. My temples had good regrowth with minoxidil.

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
I have stoped Propecia after 2 years. My hairline receeded considerably this year and my crown started thinning. I got acne from using and kept losing hair so for me finasteride is a big failure. Nothing but sides and no positive effects.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
Merck themselves say that if you don't see results after a year you should stop as it won't work for you. If it has reduced the speed of your hair loss it might be worth sticking with it. Hopefully something will then come along in the next few years to help grow back the rest.