hairclub for men is a joke

1by1

Reaction score
3 years ago I went to HCM and had the hair systme done, I didn't like it at all. First off, the scalp part does not feal real second they have you put a double sided tape like piece in the front area. You have to wait 90 days for your "hair" to come in. So it's notlike you are going to walk out the same day with hair. I was so excited about having it done. Then I knew there was going to be a problem. I just had the "thing" put on and they brought in a sales rep into the room and he handed me a paper, it said that you have to order a new piece of hair every 90 days at a cost of 800 per piece pluss they tell you to tip the person who puts it on $100 to $200 at every hair cut. They wont tell you this before you get it done, I figured I was covered for the 2500 I spent for the initial systme "thing" but that was just to join the "club" and get you in the door with your first hair piece. So if you want to join hairclub remember the 2500 is just to get you in the door with the first piece but you have to update the hairpiece every 90 days or at least 4 times a year at 800 per piece pluss the 2500 to start, not to mention how expensive the shampos and conditoners pluss sprays are to keep up with it. That alone will run you over 190 a month. it is really expensive and you are better off getting a hair transplant or using propica..... as for the hairclub deal, you can tell it's not real. I spent a lot of money an that " strand by strand top of the line" garbage but it was not worth it. You know how on the comercials they have the girl running her fingers through the guys hair and they say she can't tell. Well thats BS, you can hear a distinct noise when you run your fingers through the hair, and it feals plus looks unnatural. Oh yes, the glue they use to put it on kills the hair you have underneath it, I now have a wierd bald line where the glue once was, every place it was glued down had lost the hair. I am now using rogain and propecia pluss t-gel and avacore or how you spell it all at the same time i havge been using them for 3 months and I noticed the hair from my hairline starting to grow white to light brown
fuzzy hair :) lets hope it continues

ibowhuntbambi

Reaction score
hair club

I too had a hair replacement system on my head. i had what was commonly referred to as a lace unit. every month i would have to go and have the unit removed, get a haircut and have the unit re-bonded. bonding was thick doublesided tape in the rear with a form of superglue to firmly hold it down. the front was thin doublesided tape that had to be lifted and replaced every four days. talk about killing yur hair at the roots.
i just recently stopped this program and have started the propecia, minoxidil treatment. the bonding didnt totally kill my hair but im thin as hell in the middle, with hopes of thickening in the future. by the way the cost was 1000.00 to start and 250 every month at removal. a new unit was put on every three months.

skullcap

Reaction score
A lot of it depends on style. I have a Hairclub piece and it's great. It's loose curly, with no part. The ones that comb down, flat and back are dead giveaways. Perhaps you should consider another style.

wiseman

Reaction score
are you talking about the hair thingy, where they get other REAL hair and like glue it to yours?

jenj97

Reaction score
I am currently using HCM and am about to cancel my contract. They dont tell you all the fees up front and also dont let you know there are different pieces to purchase. They put the worst one on your head and then try to sell you a better one! I am talking with an attorney who is willing to assist me and would like to know if anyone is interested. I'm so mad and not willing to let HCM get away with this. Please email me:
j.jacques@worldnet.att.net

G

I have heard alot of bad thinks about them.

Not that you asked, but sometimes it's best to let go. If you go the
law suit route and win, you still lose emotionally in a lot of cases.

Lawyers are the ones who win. Lawsuits can be very emotionally taxing and are full of negative energy. They can become obesessive. You end up spending years of emotional energy for a hollow victory at the end.

You may end up winning the case and bitter.

That emotional energy could have been used to build a happier life.
With that being said.

I hate people who take advantage of desperate bald guys. They should
be put out of business for real.

Good luck. If you get your suit going and do a fund drive I will contribute.

P.S. Don't trust your lawyer's motives. He only makes money when you fight.

jenj97

Reaction score
I appreciate your sincerity in response to my reply, but there are a lot of things you dont know about my situation. First of all, I'm not a bald guy. I'm now, because of HCM, a bald woman. Walking in I just had thin hair, but I could hide it with the way I styled it. They tell you they're going to "trim" your hair. I also was told it would be put on top of my existing hair. Emotionally, they have made it much more worse than it could ever be because they witheld a lot of info. about the maintenance of thier product until after they shaved my head. (I'm bald on top by the way. That's their version of a "trim".) I'm kinda stuck because I couldn't get up and walk out like a male could. So yeah, I'm kind of mad and emotionally distressed because of their deceitful practices and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with this! The attorney I'm using I've known for awhile and wouldn't waste my time if he didn't feel I had a case. I'm not asking for people to contribute money for my lawsuit. All I'm asking for is if anybody else has had this problem with them and would like to sue, they're more than welcome to jump on board with me.

G

Do a search on line. I read a bunch of HCM nasty stories.

It's a lot easier for me to suggest you move on, then actually doing that
if I was the one who was screwed by HCM.

Be careful, some of the anger you have may be about your hairloss. I am not defending them. But you need to make sure you are angry at
them for the right reason.

Yes they took advantage of you with half truths. No, they did not cause your hair loss to begin with.

Like I said, I am all for screwing people who take advantage
of us balding people. I just don't like to see people make a bad situation
worse and drag it out for the wrong reasons.

I speak from my own personal experience.

Good Luck.

skullcap

Reaction score
HCM

It sounds like we're dealing with two different companies. Though virtually ANY of the hair piece manufacturers want to sell you a more expensive piece, and though they charge you for monthly services, you don't have to do it. The fees expressed elsewhere in this thread are so far removed from what I have paid that it's almost as if I've lost 50 years and suddenly am looking at prices from the 22nd century.

I got a 'two for one' deal at about 1600 dollars total. I've been wearing them for about 5 years. My wife does the servicing, so that money figure is essentially the sum total for me.

I'm not here to sell hair pieces. I logged onto this site because, alas, I am getting VERY thin in the back and sides. And if the thinning doesn't stop, I won't be able to wear a hair piece because it won't blend in. I need to know if any of you have experienced this sides/back thinning and if there is anything I can do about it. the makers of Rogaine don't recommend use in this area of the head.

Has anyone had any experience with Nioxin and thinning hair?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Nioxin does nothing for regrowth or even maintainance. They make a good shampoo and conditioner and that's about it. It's marketed to hairdressers because they know nothing about hair loss even though hair is their business. If you're thinning on the back and sides I don't know what to tell you man. The only thing left in your arsenal may be Propecia That's the only thing that's capable of stopping it in it's tracks.

BHD

solar panel

Reaction score
Beware!

Please beware of HCM's business practices. At your consultation
they will go through the spill and quote you a price around $2400 but
tell you if you order today you will get %30 off. Around the price
they charge anyway! You pay about $300 up-front to order your hair
and come back in 30 days to have it put on. You have 3 business days
to change your mind and get half of your down payment back.
After you have come back and your hair is put on, they then inform
you of the five different monthly club plans. The cheapest being $219
a month! Of course you can choose not to do this and just pay $75
for your monthly haircuts. You have to have HCM cut your hair to
re-position your hair system as your hair grows. If you don't sign up
for the monthly plan you will pay for a new system($1500) when your
hair needs replacing within the year. The monthly payment plans only
give you %25 off your $12 apiece bottles of shampoo,conditioner
and cleanser you are suppose to use.
As for the hair system it is way to thick and un-realistic. They
cannot cut the hair short enough and will tell you that you are just
not use to seeing yourself with hair. They will also tell you the hair
will naturally flatten within three days of putting it on. This is not true!
HCM will encourage you to try the hair out and make a decision then.
Which sounds like a good decision, but if you leave the premises you
will be held responsible for the full amount of your purchase agreement.
If you decide not to leave the building you will get half of the purchase
price back. Remember they will only inform you of the monthly fees
after your hair is on.
In my opinion HCM are crooks who take advantage of desperate
people. I know you want something to work out with your hair but
but don't be suckered into something because you think there are
no other options. These people don't care about you, in fact there
were no men working at the HCM in Dallas when I was there. You can
make your own decision but please ask alot of questions and read
the fine print on your initial contract. This hair system will cost you
at least $2500 a year!

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: HCM

skullcap said:
I got a 'two for one' deal at about 1600 dollars total. I've been wearing them for about 5 years. My wife does the servicing, so that money figure is essentially the sum total for me.

I'm not here to sell hair pieces. I logged onto this site because, alas, I am getting VERY thin in the back and sides. And if the thinning doesn't stop, I won't be able to wear a hair piece because it won't blend in.

You can do better than that on the price and there are units that are made thin enough to blend with thin side and back hair.