Hairclone - Dr. Claire Higgins - Hair Regeneration Venture In The Uk

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That Guy, what do you make of the pictures and numbers from Replicels phase 1 which were provided above by drakeznathan? I personally cant tell the difference either, in the after shot some areas look more miniturized if you ask me.

Well, those pictures appear to be of very short hair and the second picture appears to have been taken slightly more to the right. Based on those conditions, it's difficult to really be sure just by looking at the picture. It doesn't look like anything was lost in 7 month follow up to me. What would be impressive to me is if they had a follow up with the same patient, years later, but the patient was shown to have still maintained the same hair density in the affected areas without the use of finasteride or minoxidil.

The way I see it, if ShiseidoCel can give us an ever-lasting solution to finasteride, it is a win.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swoop, do you have evidence for the above or are you assuming that's the case since he managed to get Kyocera on board?

I don't, we have that question presented to him though so we'll know soon. I did get that vibe in the last e-mail when I spoke to him though. He was specifically mentioning that the epithelial stem cells were a "critical issue". Also when you look at the following movie;

They ask; Are there any issues in this study?

And the guy answers; Also, the method to culture epithelial cells is under development right now, so once this is established we can use this technology for patients as Dr. Tsuji said.

Specifically mentioning epithelial cells again.

Also back in 2014 when we had a Q&A with another hair loss researcher (Aaron Gardner) he said that epithelial cells are actually the most tricky to culture;

"Culture of the varying dermal populations is possible, dermal papilla, dermal sheath and inter-follicular dermal fibroblasts. These populations are also relatively easy to expand. (Note to here that DP etc do lose signature expression when cultured, at least in their research)

Epithelial cells are more tricky as they tend to terminally differentiate in culture (they are alive, but they do not multiply, they are also less likely to respond to inductive stimuli). Keratinocytes, outer root sheath and hair matrix epithelial cells are all able to be cultured."

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you are interpreting that he has solved the issue of epithelial cells by now. eh ?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you Swoop for the video, this is the possible route to make new hairs, but I don't see the sebaceous gland !!!
Without this SG, hair can not exist.

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you Swoop for the video, this is the possible route to make new hairs, but I don't see the sebaceous gland !!!
Without this SG, hair can not exist.

Pretty sure Tsuji knows that :)

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Arigato......

It is a pitty, I don't understand japanese, but I would like know what they say, the presentator seems very interested and It appears to have discovered the Holy Grail

Do you see the crown????

Attachments

• shisheido investigacion crown.JPG
    shisheido investigacion crown.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 242

the smoking baby

Established Member
Reaction score
The fact that there is a method in place to determine if cultured cells will retain their full expression before actually painstakingly culturing them is good news. Also, the fact that Kemp has jumped back into the 'hair regeneration' game is good news because a lot of the previous barriers to culturing have been overcome. Yet another sign that we are finally turning a corner on finding the cure to hairloss.