hairborn?

dang

Reaction score
anyone have experience with this? i considered it because i'm looking for something that addresses both mild thinning and graying, which is why i've started to take melancor, but it's $189 a month for a multivitamin. seems awfully high. however, it seems to really work. is it worth it?

maintainence1

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't take Melancor. I tried it and not only did it do nothing for me for 6 months, but the company never refunded the money they promised to on their site. They are absolutely a scam company. Just call the phone # for the place and you'll see what I mean.

dang

Reaction score

well i'm staying with it. i do know that it's possible to reverse gray with neutraceuticals so the process is a legitimate one. if melancor doesn't work i'll probably end up paying through the nose for this hairborn stuff. but i'm going to give it at least 8 months before i make the call.

as for being a 'scam company' - well i think there's a bit of embedded paranoia in the hair loss community because of all the bullshit that's out there. i personally don't believe that a company so aggressively marketed and widespread charging so much for their product would be a fraud. if the company didn't have evidence to back up its claims there would be law suits all over the place (didn't something like this recently happen with avacor?).

bear in mind that melancor is stated to work for roughly 80% of the people taking it, so there are no guarantees. the fact that it didn't work for you doesn't make the entire operation fraudelent. and as for their guarantee - it's a little tricky, i admit ... the offer to refund all unopened bottles, not all the bottles you ever purchased, so maybe you were confused as to what they guarantee.

i did a search on the board and another poster taking it has had good results. i'm young and don't have all that much gray, but it's enough to make me obsess over it and do what it takes to actually address the problem, not cover it up with dyes, etc.

but back to the original question - that hairborn stuff seems to be awfully effective at restoring hair color. anyone have any idea what's in it that makes it so expensive?

blackhair

Reaction score
see again the website hairborn , there is news pics. is fantastic!
it seems to really work.

tenshi

Established Member
Reaction score
blackhair said:
it seems to really work.

I went to the website they have before and after pics for three people. I think they got a hair transplant for the pics. The company seems like it is operated out of Brazil, so they can tell you to eat a dick if they want to.

Idaho X

Reaction score
Re: ..

dang said:
i personally don't believe that a company so aggressively marketed and widespread charging so much for their product would be a fraud.

I know nothing about this product or company, but that statement screams 'Don't buy it! It's a scam!' to me.

blackhair

Reaction score
tenshi said:
blackhair said:
it seems to really work.

I went to the website they have before and after pics for three people. I think they got a hair transplant for the pics. The company seems like it is operated out of Brazil, so they can tell you to eat a dick if they want to.

Sorry, but there where almost 200 pics in 3 section.See again,please.

rockandroll

Reaction score
You gotta love it when people who obviously work for a company come in and try to convince everyone to try their products. It's hilarious. Always starts with a "Is this (probably other product) good?" and as soon as anyone mentions anything about a scam, they sound like telemarketers repeating exactly what's on the scam websites.

Actually, I take it back. it's not hilarious. It's pathetic. The least they could do is be less obvious!